Author Topic: RELEASE - Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius  (Read 419676 times)

Offline Darius

Re: RELEASE - Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius
Still is :)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Wait, from the image of the Uriel, does it mean that there will be atmospheric missions in BP2?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Also don't know if issue has been reported -- I know there have been some issues with the mission, but perhaps this one is novel.

On the mission wherein
Spoiler:
the Orestes battlegroup engages the Lucifer in a dream, I was able to command the three cruisers to attack the Lucifer via C-1-(select relevant cruiser), thereby damaging the Lucifer so badly that it jumped out before destroying the Orestes. Known, perhaps? Should be easy to disable orders to the cruisers...

Sorry if these are redundant reports.

Also, I think about BP2 quite frequently during my day job. I'm pretty excited. I really like what you're showing us and I can't wait to explore Earth culture and the dynamics of the, er, events ensuing from BP:AoA.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Spoiler:
It's technically can happen. You'll find out when the Admiral says that every time they come close to destroying the Lucifer or disarm its beam cannons, it comes jumps out and reappears later fully repaired or something. It's an accepted outcome.

I think.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 01:18:06 am by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Darius

On the mission wherein
Spoiler:
the Orestes battlegroup engages the Lucifer in a dream, I was able to command the three cruisers to attack the Lucifer via C-1-(select relevant cruiser), thereby damaging the Lucifer so badly that it jumped out before destroying the Orestes. Known, perhaps? Should be easy to disable orders to the cruisers...

Yep it's a known issue :) easy to fix as well as the mission end properly if it does jump out.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Awesome, thanks.

Spoiler:
I just finished BP for the second time last night. I had earlier objected to some of the revelations regarding the Shivans and the Vishnans, particularly the dialogue in the second-to-last mission, because I felt it cheapened the air of mystery.

However, I'd like to retract that objection. I actually thought it was a clever and creative addition to the series mythos, neither revealing too much or too little. While I do hope the Shivans return in some form that restores their menace (the rebuke from the Preserver really made them seem quite whipped), I liked it.

Are we supposed to have answers to the following questions?

When Admiral Bei says he's been communicating with the Vishnans in a manner he finds entirely unusual, are we to infer that he's just been receiving the same dream visions as his son? Didn't Sam say the Vishnans had no knowledge of his father until their contact?

Also, it was reported that Sam's flightlogs from the First Contact mission reported no power drain, even though he reported one. What are we to make of this discrepancy?

Lastly, the crewman named Eriana on the Sanctuary. Is she intended to be an alternate-universe counterpart to the Eriana killed in Capella?

Apologies, for I am very much a Noob. Am trying to address a problem so my son can continue to play TBP.  On 10th mission (Forced Entry),  monitor goes blank and FSO closes just as he starts the mission (after receiving instructions, etc.).   We have run debug, which produces the following:

Warning: For 'explo3', 3 of 4 LODs are missing!
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Weapon\Weapons.cpp
Line: 1218
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    parse_weapon()    parse_weaponstbl()    weapon_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()

Warning: Weapon explosion 'SubbeamWarm' does not have an LOD0 anim!
Line: 1192
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
    parse_weapon()    parse_weaponstbl()    weapon_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()

Warning: For 'bomb_flare', 3 of 4 LODs are missing!
Line: 1218

Call stack:

Can someone help us figure out what we need to do?

Thanks.

Vermonster

Am trying to address a problem so my son can continue to play TBP.

This is not a Babylon Project-compatible campaign. In order to play Blue Planet, TBP must first be disabled.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That mission had some glitches for me as well. It would load fine on the first attempt, but then I'd have to restart the game in order to load it again.

Out of curiosity, Vermontster, are you from Vermont? I am too.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I like vermont. The killington ski resort is a fantastic place. And i love the North star Lodge up the road from it
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Darius

Spoiler:
Are we supposed to have answers to the following questions?

When Admiral Bei says he's been communicating with the Vishnans in a manner he finds entirely unusual, are we to infer that he's just been receiving the same dream visions as his son? Didn't Sam say the Vishnans had no knowledge of his father until their contact?

Yep. Admiral Bei doesn't have the same destiny as his son, but the Vishnans do recognise him as a node around which great events take place and so begin communicating with him. This is a storyline which will be continued later on.
Spoiler:
Also, it was reported that Sam's flightlogs from the First Contact mission reported no power drain, even though he reported one. What are we to make of this discrepancy?
Mainly that the Vishnans don't affect ships as such, but rather people's minds and perception. Everything that happened during the power drain was all in his head.

Spoiler:
Lastly, the crewman named Eriana on the Sanctuary. Is she intended to be an alternate-universe counterpart to the Eriana killed in Capella?

Yes she is. It's part of Bei's destiny to
Spoiler:
die, battle the demons of his past, and to be reborn anew, and in the process be given a second chance with his dead wife.
It also follows the New Age mythology that the souls of two soulmates ultimately travel the same path, no matter which life (or dimension) they inhabit.

This is not a Babylon Project-compatible campaign. In order to play Blue Planet, TBP must first be disabled.

Apologies for not being clear enough. I used the abbreviation TBP to mean The Blue Planet (Age of Aquarius). I didn't realize there is another evidently more common use (Babylon Project).  We don't have Babylon Project installed. Does that trigger any different ideas for anyone?

That mission had some glitches for me as well. It would load fine on the first attempt, but then I'd have to restart the game in order to load it again.

Out of curiosity, Vermontster, are you from Vermont? I am too.

Yes, indeed.

I like vermont. The killington ski resort is a fantastic place. And i love the North star Lodge up the road from it

I used to work in Rutland and spent a fair amount of time studying Killington's expansion plans many years ago. I'm not a skier/boarder though.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Get the suggested 3.6.10 build in my signature, and run the debug version. Post \data\fs2_open.log, click "Additional Options" under the post text box to upload it.

If you don't have 7-Zip, you'll need it to open the archive, and it's superior to WinZip/RAR anyways.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Err ... Blue Planet has no "the".  When people want to abbreviate Blue Planet, they use "BP".  The Babylon Project is "TBP".

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
He gets it, methinks.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I have just finished BP.

OH MY GOD IT ROCKED SO DAMN HARD.

Probably one of the best campaigns I've ever played. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hah, indeed! Wasn't the ending great?

Offline CKid

More screenshots!
The UET Upanishad:
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
UET? Transport?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Seems so. Read the description on the site.