Author Topic: Wing Commander Saga Preview Trailer Released  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Wing Commander Saga Preview Trailer Released
Wing Commander Saga: Battlegroup Serpent has released a four minute trailer for their upcoming Freespace 2 mod. It's a pretty exciting look into the basics of the story with some very nice in-game shots. If you haven't been following this one, the trailer might surprise you. You can download their 33 meg trailer here (BL.org mirror here). You need divx to see it.

Click!
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
i think it says the server has been hacked (in german)
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
check our website, we offer two additional mirrors :D

Update: Just checked JustGamers miror, their server were hacked a few days ago.. .all data had been lost :mad:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 02:44:58 pm by 639 »

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
new URL:

Trailer

-WC Saga's beta tester

I'd like to watch the trailer, but when I try to play the picture staggers and stops after about 3 seconds, even though the sound comes across fine. I had the same problem with the Inferno trailer. I get this problem with both Windows Media Player and Real One Player. Anyone know what the problem is? Is my computer just slow? I've watch other trailers like Machina Terra, Hidden Terror, WC4 Trailer, There but for the Grace of God, and the like with no problem whatsoever.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
you have to have divx 5.05 or better installed on your computer. Your pc should have at least a 300 Mhz cpu. My guess is that you are just using an older version of the video codec. You can download it here www.divx.com

-WC Saga's beta tester

Okay, I download the codec and it worked finally. A few bits at the beginning are still a bit choppy but past the planet its alright. On the whole it looks pretty cool. My favourite part of the trailer is where the battleship type unit is shown firing volleys off to its starboard side while it turns. That looks pretty cool. It'd be nice to see some more ship to ship combat, or bombing runs or the like.

Btw, I got the impression that you may be using the "Dive, Dive, Dive Hit your burners pilot" bit for a built-in wingman "watch your six" type of message. I would recommend that no one ever used that wav for such a purpose, as after the sixth one in a mission it would get rather annoying. (you probably have no intention of using the wav file for that purpose, but just in case . . .)