Author Topic: Wing Commander Saga now hiring!  (Read 19990 times)

Wing Commander Saga now hiring!
Originally posted by Black Sheep
@Ed: hey...nice to see ya here...guess who I am... :D ...its Yogi... :D [/B]

Yogi! Hi, I missed this!  :D

Ed

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
I'm done with my shockwave project. (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,34618.0.html)

That means I could help out with some minor graphics stuff, if you need help. ;)

I'm still busy with my other projects, so don't expect me to be super-active, but I'll do what I can. ;)
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
@DaBrain :

That's good news :)  I will request internal access for you, there we can discuss what to do. For the beginning, I'm already happy when you can offer us a little of your sparetime, and maybe you enjoy this mod so much that it will be a little more time in the future :)

@Rico & Mission :

Thanks for offering us some help (and sorry for my late reply). First off, let me say :

:welcome:

We are always looking for mission designers to strengthen our fredding team, though before we can make any final decisions we would need a sample of your work (FS-Open or retail Freespace 2, so that we can testplay it). :)

Just email it to me at [email protected] or post me a link over PM

Starman©
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 11:49:09 am by 1072 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Originally posted by Starman01
@DaBrain :

That's good news :)  I will request internal access for you, there we can discuss what to do. For the beginning, I'm already happy when you can offer us a little of your sparetime, and maybe you enjoy this mod so much that it will be a little more time in the future :)

I have to work on a few things for SoL, which are needed very much for the first mission. After this I should have lot of time. ;)

... still waiting for access... :nervous:
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by DaBrain

... still waiting for access... :nervous:

Yeah, me too. Service these days isn't what it supposed to be in the past :nervous:  ;)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Wing Commander Saga now hiring!
Voice actor anyone? :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Sorry for the late reply :)

You are free to send your samples in (see first post), but let me say upfront (and no offense meant) that we are usually only give people with deep voice a role. Hard to find, but a must in our opinion. Nevertheless, we also have roles of a few young pilots, so give it a try. But don't be dissapointed, when we not jump on you right away, it could really take a while to sort everything out and compare it to the rest :)

Regards

Starman©
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
You might be surprised. :p

But where are the samples?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hm, sorry. I thought it was in this thread's first post, my mistake :D

Here are the lines :

Voice recording should be done by the Goldwave program, in 44 khz mono. I shouldn't say this, but you guys need your own microphone. Please make sure to eliminate breathing into microphone sounds.

You are free to say your interpretation of the theme as long as it doesn't deviate too far.

1) "All fighters are destroyed, area is secure"
2) "Enemy fighters have arrived"
3) "I'm attacking your target"
4) "We're the backup and we've arrived to save your ass"
5) "Bravo Wing here, we've just arrived"
6) "There's a fighter on your six!"
7) "I'm dying!"
8) "Charlie Wing here, we've just arrived"
9) "I'm getting the **** out of here"
10) "I'm disabling your target" (going for engines)
11) "I'm disarming your target" (going for turrets)
12) "I'm breaking formation to engage enemy"
13) "Delta Wing here, we've just arrived"
14) "Echo Wing has arrived"
15) "I'm taking damage"
16) "I'm ignoring your target"
17) "I'm not following your order"
18) "I can't pick up your target on sensors"
19) "You just fired on me, man"
20) "Main player has been killed!"
21) "Main player just did something cool!"
22) "I'm out of missiles!"
23) "My fighter is heavily damaged"
24) "Main player is straying away from objective"
25) "Main player is traitor, off with his head!"
26) "I'm following your order"

MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
When you're done, just pm me a link or send them to : [email protected] :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
is it just one line or all of them?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Ok, I've finished the samples and emailed them to you. :)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Thanks. I check them out, but please be patient, it could take a while :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
sure. :)

i don't remember seeing if the voice cast ever got finalised.  did it?  Or is there more likely a focus on getting a prologue campaign out first?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
We have indeed focused on the prologue the last 18 months, and we have already collected all the voicelines for that one. But there might still be some roles open in the main campaign. Once the prologue is out, we will focus on that again :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline starlord

I think it would be great for saga to use those perticular ships:

Snakeir (super dreadnaught variant), 4000m long: meshes can be found here: http://www.wcnews.com/articles/art32.shtml (click on the sivar: this might do a good snakeir form).

Spikeri corvette, same link, click on spikeri.

And naturally, the usual sivar class dreadnaught (conform to the WC1 shape), and the usual snakeir (carrier version, also conform to WC1).

I would also advise you to include a WC4 kilrathi shuttle.

hope this serves you well.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I doubt that the SWC ship will fit into the story...except as very old ships. SWC takes place during WC1 if I am not mistaken. Wing Commander Saga is about WC3 and a little bit WC2 maybe.
As for the Kilrathi Shuttle...that might be possible. I have created an older model for it some time ago. Maybe it will be used maybe not...its a secret you know ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I, on the other hand, doubt that we have the ressources. And just a small hint: there is no need to send me a pm with exactly the same content :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline starlord

The snakeirs (both super dreadnaughts and carriers) are still used in the WC2 era (as standoff demonstrates), and the spikeri may be used as a gunboat. They might do great ships.

tolwyn: sorry about the PM. Besides, I thought you were the one to told me the ships interested you...