Author Topic: RELEASE: Flames of War - Coming of the Storm  (Read 70016 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: RELEASE: Flames of War - Coming of the Storm
Hehe....notify me when you find the easter eggs.

NOTE - they are usually find by scanning or blowing up things you're not told to scan or blow up.

Should I add a list with spoilers to how to find the eggz?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Ziame

• ED ftw
I gave up after Knox mission. Wingmen are WAY too stupid in this campaign.
Spoiler:
I tried TEN TIMES to capture Knox, but they've kept blowing it up.

My review:
+++ - SHIPS!!! (
Spoiler:
Gigantick, Banhammer and Rabbit too
)
++ WEAPUNZ!!!
+ BBQ!

-  typos!
-- killed missionz!
--- in two missions I failed cause I wasn't quick enough to destroy the frakked beamz! GEEEZ
----- First mission... (boring boring boring WAAAAH KABOOOM scan end)

Well, TrashMan... I expected to see the even-better-than-your-first-campaign... but well, let's face the truth: too much annoying bugs!

On the other hand - I can play with tonz of new shipzorz so I grade you:

8/10 !  (mod scale (-1 point for typos, -1 point for killed campaign:((((( )

Cheers!

(about blowing thing you're not told to blow up - I destroyed ONE FRIKKIN FREIGHTER TOO MUCH! bbzzzzt mission killd... well goodbye, I hope you will fix it :) )
Rabbinic Judaism had a good start with the Old Testament but kinda missed the point about 2000 years ago

ALL HAIL HERRA
/fan of BlackHole

Offline eliex

Quite an interesting start.  :D

I don't want to sleep!!  :(

well, i hacked the table to double the knoxes hitpoints.  :nervous: it works a lot better after that.

and also, once the generator is out, the AI should get an order to IGNORE THE FORT, AND STOP SHOOTING AT THE BLOODY THING! PROTECT THE SHEFFIELD, DAMMIT! theres 30 fighters coming in, and you're worried about a couple blob turrets that won't shoot?!?!?  :hopping:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Ok well talked to TrashMan on MSN hes been monkeyd *again* he says for no reson but I guess theres a good reason Anyway he asked me to post this:

The red-alert bug with the Gates of Adis mission has been fixed.
Fort Knowx changes AI to Unknown and gets protected once hte generator is down. I had no trouble capturing it.
I did reduce the HP of hte generator a bit, so one can do it fater

Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Ooooh. More tasty TBP campaign morsels. Downloading, with anticipation.
i

This isn't a Babylon Project campaign...or am I missing something?

No. I just got confused with Drums of War. Happens when you play five different campaigns at once. Sorry.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Ok well talked to TrashMan on MSN hes been monkeyd *again* he says for no reson but I guess theres a good reason Anyway he asked me to post this:
generator a bit, so one can do it fater

Funny, when other people get monkeyed they still get access to their project boards. Maybe Trashman should have access to this forum (or at least thread) to help anyone who's having troubles (or just has questions) with the campaign?

when I start the trailblazers mission it goes to the breifing and then it freezes and just crashes on me why is that please help me

Offline Warboss

Greetings everyone ,

I may have an answer for you Hanyuu271 . This freeze & crash happens to me too . I happen to see that when this did occur that the Central Unit was working which is strange because after loading each mission it should rest before actually entering the battlefield . So I come up with an idea . "Don't touch your controls until you are told to do so" ^^  . This could mean that the mission is not entirely loaded so just wait a bit , maybe 5 to 10 minutes on the Perseverance Battlefield Situation Briefing before hitting the continue button and starting the mission briefing .  It worked for me and hope the same for you . Good luck pilot  :) .
Earth Self Terran Defense Forces Forever

but I mean like when you press continue to start the mission breifing the breifing starts and instantly when the text is about to appear it freezes and crashes

Offline Warboss

Konbanwa :) ,

sure it is exactly the same thing . On the screen just before the mission briefing you should wait a little before hitting continue . If it doesn't work , you could try the tradtitional stuff like driver update , defrag , clean install of Freespace 2 and try between build 3.6.9.exe and 3.6.10 .  If none of this helped you , alas  :( do your best and try another approach or wait for a patch .
Earth Self Terran Defense Forces Forever

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
yeuch. Use VPs next time, ok Trashy? I've not started yet but the ships look very nice. There's a few mirroring issues (shine maps not having alpha channels) and the tech entries (and probably the missions, too) could use some proofreading for spelling and grammar.

I'm really happy to see all your installations in here. I've always felt that's your best work.

And by the way, how's the high-poly Athena Mk 1 going? ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:18:21 am by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

... it's been done for some time, hasn't it?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Nope. I would know.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Error: ships.tbl(line 1164:
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$Shield Regeneration Rate:      0.05].

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 659
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

first of many errors i've done everything right dont know whats wrong any ideas?

it requires a recent 3.6.10 build.

damn that means i gotta wait even longer before i can play! arghhh!!!

...?  :wtf:

tell me you don't have Titan syndrome...

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,58258.0.html

no i dont just bored outta my brains

EDIT: i haven't got the new build yet downloading it now
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 07:40:08 pm by Nighthavoc »

I'm getting some graphics issues that I either didn't see or overlooked in the beta thread.
I think this might be more of a general issue though.

Parts of ships are either "missing" or see through. I know i've got all the graphics features turned on, so that isn't the problem.

What version is this mod supposed to work with? because I can't get it to run at all on 3.6.9, and i've got the aforementioned issues on 3.6.10