Author Topic: Overeating Or Binge??  (Read 6012 times)

Offline Wild Fragaria

• Geek girl
It's a 'thin' line that people might do it without realizing it? :)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
It's a 'thin' line that people might do it without realizing it? :)

A thin line of what?  Sausages? :D

Offline Wild Fragaria

• Geek girl
Sausages sounds good.  One of my favorite dishes is bangers & mash :D

I follow a strict regeime of a breakfast consisting of: banana, one piece of, apple and orange, one piece of each (cut into 4 segments).

then with that behind me I can feel secure in the knowledge I've had my fruit/vegetable intake, while I inhale sandwiches (ham, cheese/chocolate spread/jam/sausages, rashers), burgers (Big Als), pizzas, lasange, spaghetti, trad dinner (spuds, veg and meat), several packets of biscuits and whatever chocolate snack is in the house washed down with possibly ten cups of tea. Milk no sugar (gotta watch those pounds).

I have on occassion been nicknamed 'the camel'. But thats also because I'm good at going without food for long stretches.

No but seriously, like Icefire says, everyone should love eating. But I can't see how becoming hugely overweight is a thin line. You realise when you're putting on weight and if you really don't want it to happen then you do something about it.

I really gotta start running seriously again.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I eat very little to be honest, never been a big eater, but I'm not nearly as bad as Sharon. Because she was orphaned at 16 she more or less grew up on TV Dinners, nowadays she won't even risk something as exotic as a Chinese, because she convinces herself she won't like before she even tastes it :(

Offline Wild Fragaria

• Geek girl
I follow a strict regeime of a breakfast consisting of: banana, one piece of, apple and orange, one piece of each (cut into 4 segments).

then with that behind me I can feel secure in the knowledge I've had my fruit/vegetable intake, while I inhale sandwiches (ham, cheese/chocolate spread/jam/sausages, rashers), burgers (Big Als), pizzas, lasange, spaghetti, trad dinner (spuds, veg and meat), several packets of biscuits and whatever chocolate snack is in the house washed down with possibly ten cups of tea. Milk no sugar (gotta watch those pounds).

I have on occassion been nicknamed 'the camel'. But thats also because I'm good at going without food for long stretches.

That's a lot of food and tea  :eek:  I thought I was a big eater, but that's not even half of what you ingested! (today for example -- dinner and evening: I had two hotdogs, two meatball sandwiches that had two golfball size meatballs in each, some slaw, tomato salad, an apple, a bottle of beer and three cups of tea; for lunch and afternoon: I had a bowl of rice, peri-peri chicken, big bowl of steamed cauliflower & carrots, a cup hot chocolate and a dozen chocolate mint cookies).  I also have a big breakfast in morning to start my day :D

No but seriously, like Icefire says, everyone should love eating. But I can't see how becoming hugely overweight is a thin line. You realise when you're putting on weight and if you really don't want it to happen then you do something about it.

I really gotta start running seriously again.

Didn't you 'run' enough while you're in China?  :P

I eat very little to be honest, never been a big eater, but I'm not nearly as bad as Sharon. Because she was orphaned at 16 she more or less grew up on TV Dinners, nowadays she won't even risk something as exotic as a Chinese, because she convinces herself she won't like before she even tastes it :(

Aw... maybe I can try to get her to try some Chinese next time I visit :D  I can start with my homestyle french toast :D

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Aw... maybe I can try to get her to try some Chinese next time I visit :D  I can start with my homestyle french toast :D

That's not chinese! :D

What about crazy noodles? :D

Offline Wild Fragaria

• Geek girl
Good call.  I will have to find some good crazy noodles for Sharon to try.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Good call.  I will have to find some good crazy noodles for Sharon to try.

Or Char Koay Tiao? :)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, she'll only even eat Spaghetti Bolgnese if it comes out of a Heinz Tin, sometimes I despair.....

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Heh, she'll only even eat Spaghetti Bolgnese if it comes out of a Heinz Tin, sometimes I despair.....

What about a jeely piece?

Ok, OK! I'll come clean. That list of food wasn't what I'd eat in a day. It would at a stretch get me through three.

No, in all seriousness, I generally just have for breaky; fruit and cereal, for lunch; sandwiches or mini-pizza or a burger (something round that size) and a big dinner; meat, spuds and veg or equivalent. I don't generally eat much but I can when the time calls for it. Those times would be at all you can eat Pirogi restaurants or when friends dont like their spaghetti bolgnese because it's 'too wet'(?).

And China was nearly my undoing. I hate waste, but at home that aint a problem because I do have some standards and they preclude me from eating the leftovers off other peoples plates. But in China, with communal dishes, my own personal quest to prevent good food being thrown out nearly killed me. And it was far to cold outside to go running as I only had a pair of shorts with me to run in. And the cheap tracksuit bottoms I bought had a hole in the crotch that I missed in the shop. Actually, a sporran would've done the job nicely in that case. Hmmm.....

Quote from: Flipside

Yeah I have a mate from college like that. He will only eat chicken and chips. We (the class) still meet up for dinner and drinks every now and then but no matter what restaurant we're in (italian, spanish, mongolian) he'll only eat C&C. The farthest I've seen him bend is to eat some barbequed potato and chicken at the mongolian restaurant. This man would, without a doubt, prefer to eat in McDonalds then at ... uh, someone throw me a famously excelent restaurant. All I'm coming up with is my local chippy; Luigi's.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline Wild Fragaria

• Geek girl
You still eat a fair amount :D  I don't like to waste food either and I quite often end up being the food 'disposal' :D  (Oh and I over ate again, at lunch today  ;7)