Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 305229 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
I was thinking about re-watching Cowboy Bebop but thought better of it due to the fact that after a couple of minutes of each episode I'll remember what will happen and lose interest. Does anyone know of an anime that has a similar style of lighthearted gun toting and martial arts?

Black Lagoon?
el hombre vicio...

Offline Madrox

• Because destroying shivans ins´t enough...
    • My DeviantArt
At the moment, apart from Doctor Who and New tricks i don't watch any TV as i think at the moment TV is pretty well crap, I am so sick of reality TV shows i just don't get the interest in them.

So the DVDs and online programs i watch are

Top Gear Challenges
New Tricks
Doctor Who(classic era)
Stargate Atlantis, i will never know why they canceled it in favor of the crap show that was Universe. They should never have tried to have done a BSG show it was just utter crap. Atlantis was really good and had some truly fantastic characters and heartbreaking moments.

Transformers Prime which is actually really good.
I have just finished watching Gundam wing and Endless Waltz, i know a lot of people dislike it but i enjoyed it.
Paltarbor(spelling) 2, This took me by suprise and got me into anima, it has a brillant plot and is very well animated. It really is a good film.
Samurai Jack, just epic.

Deep space 9 for me really gets good from the series 2 final, when we first get to see the Dominion in action. After that the best star trek series. B5 is still really good better than a lot of the crud we get on TV today. I can only watch it up till season 4. I think it should of ended there as season 5 was pretty bad.

Are there any proper Scifi shows being made and i am not talking about things like twilight etc, that's not science fiction. The only one i can think of that is still being made is Doctor Who, even the SyFy channel(UK) hardly shows anything science fiction these days.

There will be ever an ending to Doctor Who? D:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Doctor Who doesn't really have an ongoing story arc, so no, it doesn't have a particular place to end.

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
Doctor Who doesn't really have an ongoing story arc, so no, it doesn't have a particular place to end.

so, whats the great appeal of the series? just a bunch of random adventures which random people and random aliens?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
no

so, whats the great appeal of the series? just a bunch of random adventures which random people and random aliens?

For me, it's just watching the Doctor's wacky antics. The guy (whomever is playing him at the moment) is just fun to watch. And to see what utterly insane scheme he will pull off next.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

I heard it took the Doctor a while to actually screw something in with his sonic screwdriver. :p
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Doctor who does have some story arcs new series normally does have a story arc, but the classic series sometimes had a story arc covering a couple of stories. The latest series has dropped the complicated story arcs for individual small movie episodes.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
Doctor who does have some story arcs new series normally does have a story arc, but the classic series sometimes had a story arc covering a couple of stories. The latest series has dropped the complicated story arcs for individual small movie episodes.

So you saying....they ar edumbed down? like Mass Effect 3? (haters gonna hate)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
you are beginning to seem a little dumb

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations

No its nothing like mass effect 3. The original series had no story arcs per say, it was when the show came back in 2005 they introduced series story arcs, now for the current series they wanted to try something different and make each episode a mini blockbuster movie, which will lead up to the shows big 50th anniversary episode. Anyway a tv show doesnt have to have overlay complicated story arcs like BSG to be good. As others have pointed out what makes doctor who appealling is the characters and each story is something different, one do can be a comedy, next one is a gothic horror style and you also get emotinal stories.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

I want to dust off my old pitch soaked stick, spark a match and then start swinging with fiery abandon....But alas! I do try so hard to not flame people here. So I will avoid this particular subject, and pretend that I didn't just use this particular segment of my post to just fill space and make me seem more interesting than I actually am.

I was thinking about re-watching Cowboy Bebop but thought better of it due to the fact that after a couple of minutes of each episode I'll remember what will happen and lose interest. Does anyone know of an anime that has a similar style of lighthearted gun toting and martial arts?

Black Lagoon?

I watched a little of it, and it doesn't really grab me the same way Bebop and Trigun did. It's just something about the style and feel of those series that I can't describe, yet want to see again.
Meh, I might just watch ChronoCrusade agai- No. No I won't. I'm not fond of crying at the end. Perhaps I'll watch Clannad inst-   :blah:
 :(

If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
I want to dust off my old pitch soaked stick, spark a match and then start swinging with fiery abandon....But alas! I do try so hard to not flame people here. So I will avoid this particular subject, and pretend that I didn't just use this particular segment of my post to just fill space and make me seem more interesting than I actually am.

Wut?

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Bebop, Trigun

Outlaw Star

Thus completing the triumvirate of 1998 space westerns.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Right, I really ought to finish GitS 2nd Gig one of these days but HOMEWORK. ****.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I watched a little of it, and it doesn't really grab me the same way Bebop and Trigun did. It's just something about the style and feel of those series that I can't describe, yet want to see again.
Meh, I might just watch ChronoCrusade agai- No. No I won't. I'm not fond of crying at the end. Perhaps I'll watch Clannad inst-   :blah:
 :(

Go for the OVA directly, IIRC there was no need to watch the series to enjoy it.

So much blood... oh yes.
el hombre vicio...

I'm not watching it right now, but I'm considering watching Continuum.

Offline -Sara-

Series:

Angel
Game of Thrones (about to start on those)

Anime:

Star Wars - Clone Wars Season 5 (Well not really anime, more CGI animated, they got big eyes though)
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Anime:

Star Wars - Clone Wars Season 5 (Well not really anime, more CGI animated, they got big eyes though)

ಠ_ಠ
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:06:46 am by Bobboau »
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Dear god, you actually do that to yourself?

I am currently watching Crest of the Stars on advice from #wod (well, Spoon, but same thing really since he rules with a very benevolent iron fist :P).
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems