Author Topic: When will organisations learn that the general public can't be trusted?  (Read 6794 times)

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Re: When will organisations learn that the general public can't be trusted?
Quick follow-up to close the story:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36225652

The UK's new polar research ship is to be named RRS Sir David Attenborough, after Boaty McBoatface previously topped a public vote.

The £200m vessel will be named after the world-renowned naturalist and broadcaster, Science Minister Jo Johnson confirmed.

The move, coming days before Sir David turns 90, would recognise his "legacy in British broadcasting", he said.

But they will be naming a submarine on the vessell, Boaty McBoatface though!  :yes:

That's an extremely good compromise.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
I remember hearing about this on reddit /r/worldnews, and someone brought up the old Mountain Dew, but I would like to redirect you to a recent poll done in Texas producing some similar results:

I second this
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Seems like it's becoming the usual way of getting out of such a fix. See ISS Node 3 debacle that I mentioned a while back. They didn't name it after Stephen Colbert (who won the pool), either, but they did give his name to a treadmill aboard it.

Next time they want to do something like that, they should just cut to the chase and run pools to name various fixtures and equipment around the ship instead of the ship itself. :)

Next time they want to do something like that, they should just cut to the chase and run pools to name various fixtures and equipment around the ship instead of the ship itself. :)

Rudder von Rudderface?