Author Topic: A bit of help  (Read 5360 times)

I only just found this website, and thought wow!
Ive never been able to get hold of freespace in the shops so ive only been able to play fs2.
So as you can guess its great being able to play freespace on fs2 the a guy like me whos never played fs before.
Ive downloaded the 1.5 file with game data and everything and the anims file for all weaoons anmi etc.
I go to play the campiagn in fs2, select it and it comes up, i go to play the level and i have no weapons, i restart go to the weapon section screen, no weapons to choose.
Can some one tell me how to sort this?
Thanks.

Offline Solatar

Sometimes when you have no weapons, just click the restore default weapons button. This sometimes does the trick.

Offline Solatar

Sorry. Double post. Really weird. I have a cable modem.:wtf:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2002, 02:26:32 pm by 691 »

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
try redownloading all the files... (make sure you get ALL of them), and make sure at the same time that you don't have another MOD installed.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
lol mine crashed when i tried to select weapons, and yes i had everythign else off it.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

ok, ive done all this redownload everything and got rid of all my other mod, and ive even reinstalled fs2, still got no weapons, even when i press the reset button on weapon screen.
Any ideas on what i should do?

Offline Solatar

Delete you data directory, save your pilot though, if he's got any good stats.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i'll look into it and contact GalacticEmperor if i can't figure out the problem.

Tried gettin rid of the data and stuff still no weapons

Originally posted by Stealth
i'll look into it and contact GalacticEmperor if i can't figure out the problem.

thank you

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
temporarily stickied... until i can get the problem solved... i can't find any error, this hasn't happened to me, and as far as i know no one else either.  i'm going to have to call the master now ;)

(GalacticEmperor)

He'll know what to do.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Hi there.

OK, let's see. You have:
  • A fresh install of Freespace 2
  • A new pilot
  • The Port 1.5 VP
  • The weapons animations patch, in data/interface

And you still get no weapons? Very, very strange! Take a screenshot of your Weapons Loadout screen for us.

(In case you don't know, hit the PrintScreen button, then exit Freespace and go into Paint, go to edit-paste, and save it. Send it to [email protected].)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
now that you've got GalacticEmperor's attention, i'll unsticky it

ok ive sent the screen shot, hope you can get the problem sorted.

Speeking of help could I get some help in converting a littile FS1 Campaign I found and would like to play in FS2? I'm stuck on how to get them to work in FS2, any help would be great thanks.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by StarGunner
Speeking of help could I get some help in converting a littile FS1 Campaign I found and would like to play in FS2? I'm stuck on how to get them to work in FS2, any help would be great thanks.

Just open each mission in a text editor, replace all of the PV with GV and Prometheus with Prometheus S. Then save as .fs2. GE had a thread on this a littlw while back.

Originally posted by Hades

Just open each mission in a text editor, replace all of the PV with GV and Prometheus with Prometheus S. Then save as .fs2. GE had a thread on this a littlw while back.

I did all that and it sitll dose not work.:confused:  did I miss somthing? Could I send you acopy of em? I can't find out whats not right the damn mission can't be louded in FRED or FS2
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
send me the mission, i'll convert it (following the rules in that thread) and if it doesn't work, then i'll see what's missing from the tutorial and edit it.  send me via email.

EDIT:  I don't think you're following the thread GalacticEmperor made.  look at my previous post.  follow the instructions in THAT thread... it's much more in-depth.  if it still doens't work, let me know by posting here

Originally posted by Stealth
send me the mission, i'll convert it (following the rules in that thread) and if it doesn't work, then i'll see what's missing from the tutorial and edit it.  send me via email.

EDIT:  I don't think you're following the thread GalacticEmperor made.  look at my previous post.  follow the instructions in THAT thread... it's much more in-depth.  if it still doens't work, let me know by posting here

Nope no change I did make a goof when I tride that whay after fixing it, it still gives me this Errer saying Fred 2 cannot open this file.