Author Topic: FSPort 3.4 Discussion!  (Read 33282 times)

Offline Arpit

Re: FSPort 3.4 Discussion!
It "works" in the sense that you may be able to run it and have it download files. However, it's also known to download incorrect and corrupted files and not fully install components. That's why its use is strongly discouraged.

Well it crashes on my computer so perhaps something interrupted or corrupted my installer.

Anyways, I am a total n00b on this subject, so I don't think I can suggest any solution for your problem, Kane Kaizer.  :)

However, you could try some things like changing the preferred playback device (in the Audio tab) from Generic Software on Speakers (Realtek High Definition) to Generic Software or enable EFX, etc.

Ha. Changing the preferred playback device seems to have done the trick. I tried it earlier too, but apparently not to the right option. I just played through a couple of missions without having that problem, so hopefully it's fixed for good now. I never had that problem on my other HDD, so it caught me off guard. But hey, thanks for your n00b advice, Arpit.  :P

The only other "problem" I seem to be having now is that the pilot animations for messages seem like they drag on slightly too long, but I guess I can live with that one. :rolleyes:

Offline Arpit

Glad it worked. I just actually forced you to change settings to match mine.  :P

I have experienced the 'other problem' you have in my JAD campaign very clearly.(Sometimes I see Command's animation when Alpha 1 is speaking just after Command's message.) So you are not alone.  :)

Offline Yarn

There are a few problems with your installation that I'd like to point out:

Code: [Select]
Found root pack 'C:\games\FreeSpace2\fsport\fsport3_4.vp' with a checksum of 0xc7c42ae7
The checksum of this file is incorrect. Download it again from the release thread (get the one named "root").

Code: [Select]
Found root pack 'C:\games\FreeSpace2\Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x747372cc
It looks like you didn't install the 1.2 patch. The patch can be found here: http://web.archive.org/web/20070312031237/http://www.pxo.net/files/fs21x-12.exe. (If you can't download or install that for some reason, download and open this instead and copy Root_fs2.vp to your FS2 directory. You can use 7-Zip to open it.)
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Okay, I did that. Not sure if it was causing any problems or not, but better safe than sorry I guess.  :yes: Thanks.

Offline est1895

Are there any patches for FSPORT 3.4?  If so, why are they not listed on the home page, for FSPORT 3.4?

Offline Yarn

Are there any patches for FSPORT 3.4?  If so, why are they not listed on the home page, for FSPORT 3.4?
No, there are no patches for FSPort right now.

The patch that I mentioned above is a retail patch that needs to be applied to most disc versions, regardless of whether FSO is used. (The GOG.com version is already patched to 1.2, so users of that version don't need to worry about that patch.)
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Lorric

Excuse me, I have a quick question if you please. I've downloaded the top 5 files from here:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84358.0

Are they what I need to move to 3.4 from 3.3, or do I need anything else? (I saw someone say somewhere the last two [Odeon + Warble] are unchanged.)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Odeon, warble, and stu are, for all practical purposes unchanged.  I think just a single voice file got added to stu.  I don't remember if odeon and warble are completely unchanged or just nearly so.

Offline Lorric

Odeon, warble, and stu are, for all practical purposes unchanged.  I think just a single voice file got added to stu.  I don't remember if odeon and warble are completely unchanged or just nearly so.
I ended up grabbing Odeon and Warble after putting this. They were created the same time as my Odeon and Warble, so they were the same.

So am I ready to go? I have everything I need? It's that enable/disable thing that makes me nervous you see. Why does this mod and this mod only require that thing?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's because this mod is designed to work with retail, although you're certainly not required to use it that way.  Read the instructions; they tell you how to use the enable and disable batch files properly.  Or, if you always use FSO, then you can disregard them.

Offline Lorric

It's because this mod is designed to work with retail, although you're certainly not required to use it that way.  Read the instructions; they tell you how to use the enable and disable batch files properly.  Or, if you always use FSO, then you can disregard them.

Oh, I don't even need them with FSO? Nice. I always switched them on and off prior to playing FSport in the past.

I like that, in ST:R's final mission, the new (extended) version of the FS_Mainhall theme picks up right as the command briefing gets to a certain stage. It's timed even more perfectly then the FS2_Credits theme in "Slaying Ravana"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I like that, in ST:R's final mission, the new (extended) version of the FS_Mainhall theme picks up right as the command briefing gets to a certain stage. It's timed even more perfectly then the FS2_Credits theme in "Slaying Ravana"

Now that's interesting. :)  I'll have to check that out.  It's even cooler because the original version of the FS Mainhall theme syncs up pretty well itself.

Offline mralexs

• I'm White and Nerdy
 So for the :bump:

But I've started over on the campaign and I think either armor or the weapon damage values are kinda off, as the first attack wing in Out of the Dark, Into the Night completely RAPES my wing on medium difficulty

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Are you by any chance using 3.6.18?
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I've heard read it mentioned that the new 2014 MediaVPs are not compatible with the current FS-Port release and its associated releases such as ST:R and VI. If this is the case, can you provide us with any loose time-frame for when we can expect an updated version?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline mralexs

• I'm White and Nerdy
Are you by any chance using 3.6.18?

I'm using 3.7.0

I SOLVED THIS MYSELF THERE: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85547.0
(keeping the post for the records)

Hey there,

I think ive stumbled upon a minor issue but id like to report anyway:

Its about your "showcase" for the FS1 Medals - i dont know if its supposed to be ported too but i guess so, since the background is red (as it is green in FS2).. but somehow the "medals dont match" (see screenshot, this is not the commendation medal which you would get in the first missions its the FS2 SOC Medal).

My configuration is:
FSO 3.7.0 (tried also 3.7.1)
FSPort using all vps and mediavps from the Release Thread as described
mediavps_3612 (tried also mediavps_2014)
Tried to activate silent thread reborn (as it has some vps also)
as i installed FSO and started the main campaign ive created a new pilot.
using German Retail FS2 version (if that makes any difference)

I realised this thing as i took a look at the medals-wiki site where minj reworked the appearance of those medals (those seem to be in mediavp_2014 as i test it with my vanilla FS2 Campaign pilot)  http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Awardable_Medals
However i was wondering if there is a way to get those reworked images working for FSPort.

regards,

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:23:33 pm by Eaglesix »

i have a lot of problem running in wxlaucher....... any know solution???