Author Topic: newbie questions about the vasudans  (Read 8805 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
newbie questions about the vasudans
If you're gonna use the argument that the Shivans knew where the Vasudan homeworld was, because they destroyed it a first time because they were the original Ancients, then how did the Shivans know where the Terran homeworld was? They went right for it.

And that raises another question. What made the Terrans so important that they had to drive straight thru every system to get to Sol. After all, it seemed, to me, that Vasuda Prime was just a detour along the way.

EDIT: hmmm....gives me a new storyline idea....
« Last Edit: September 04, 2003, 02:05:12 pm by 368 »

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
If you're gonna use the argument that the Shivans knew where the Vasudan homeworld was, because they destroyed it a first time because they were the original Ancients, then how did the Shivans know where the Terran homeworld was? They went right for it.

They didn't go right for SOL, they had to examine the "Dozens of systems of the Deneb Node" but were "certianly narrowing it down"

AS for why they didn't just track the subspace activity, perhaps it was like Halo (read the books) where terrans were nder strict orders not to travel directly to SOL in case vasudans (or later Shivans) would follow them.
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline TheVirtu

• Firedancer
    • http://autoassault.edgegaming.com
The thing is, no one really knows how smart the Shivans were. For as much as we know, they are able to read terran and vasudan transmissions to discover our home systems. The shivans only intentions were to take over systems and only bombard the home planets of both races. They could have determined by the amount of traffic or whatever.

Or...they just got lucky.

But the Shivans were going from system to system trying to find which way togo, its obvious eventually they're going togo in the right direction.
Project Leader of the Ascension of Beyond Campaign
"There was a time of peace, this time is over, peace will be paid for in blood."
Site Director of the Auto Assault Outpost- http://autoassault.edgegaming.com
Site Director of the Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace
Former Webmaster of i82.co.uk - Shut Down 2/12/03
"If HLP wants your developing, they'll promote you to Senior Engineer, now shutup and focus!" - Shi
Think of the Coke machines! What did they ever do to you![/b]

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
i wouldnt say "right for it." Remember the Lucifer showed up in Ross 128, 2 jumps from Sol. Why didnt they take it out then? If you look at the old jump map, they could have gone to Sol, then Deneb, then Vasuda Prime and fried the Vasudans.

My personal opinion is that the Shivans sole purpose was to unite the Vasudans and Terrans, and type of unification that the Ancients never did thus their destruction. When the Shivans returned, it was to humble the Terrans and Vasudans and remind them of their place. They also showed them not to get greedy and destroyed a star. So basically the Shivans are what the guy at the end of the FS1 campaign ending was talking about: "The Cosmic Preservers" The Shivans could have taken the Juggernaut fleet and wiped out all trace of humans and Vasudans very quickly. Regardless, they still make a good enemy :)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Originally posted by DeepSpace9er

My personal opinion is that the Shivans sole purpose was to unite the Vasudans and Terrans, and type of unification that the Ancients never did thus their destruction.

Why A) Would the Shivans want to make the Terrans and Vasudans unite? and, B) Why would they want to make them stronger, so that they couldn't be defeated as easily as the Ancients?
When the Shivans returned, it was to humble the Terrans and Vasudans and remind them of their place. They also showed them not to get greedy and destroyed a star. So basically the Shivans are what the guy at the end of the FS1 campaign ending was talking about: "The Cosmic Preservers" The Shivans could have taken the Juggernaut fleet and wiped out all trace of humans and Vasudans very quickly. Regardless, they still make a good enemy :) [/B]

I don't think that the Shivans HAD juggernauts in FS1. Besides, it said on the box of FS2: the forces in FS1 were only scouting. Also, that last statement can be interpreted two ways: The man saying it could A) Mean that they preserved other races by accident, or B) Did it on purpose. It all depends on how you look at it.