Author Topic: Worstgames ever :)  (Read 19630 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
AGGG, Daikatana !

It besmirched my good N64 as well............PC crap overflow is the right term i believe.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I haven't played many games that I would truly call bad. Half Life 2 is the only candidate in recent memory, although even that had a few redeeming points. I usually get a demo and if I don't like it, I stop playing in a few minutes and forget about the game. Maybe Mac vs IBM, a Mac "game" from 1990 or something that was on a shareware games CD I had (no sound, B&W graphics, and the game lasted about three seconds).

DX Invisible War was actually pretty good compared to many other games. It's only in comparison to the first one that it looks really bad (would easily get my vote for the most disappointing game ever).

The Ninja turtles game (spartan runs throught his copies of PCGamer, finds the one he really wants). Anyway, I didn't like the show, I don't like the video game. . . something like a 6% on PCGamer.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
'E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial' - Least said the better, let's just say they ended up destroying nearly 1 million unsold cartridges.
'Pirates of the Caribbean' - Originally named somethng else and then renamed and re-released after the movie for more craptacular cash. Odd really since it was by Bethseda.
'Unreal 2' - WTF Inc.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
'Unreal 2' - WTF Inc.

I always thought that game was underrated. The story sucked, but the map design was generally top notch and the weapons had a lot of variety to them. I found it quite satisfying to just play through the levels and ignore the story. I guess it had almost nothing to do with the first game though.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
any and all matrix games
Agreed
WoW just cuz i like EVE :)

inversely i could say EVE is the worst ever because timecards are well nigh impossible to get 'round here  :p

Deus Ex: Invisible war gets my vote for worst ever.

buy timecards for ingame money :)
I hate My signature!

Offline Shade

M.A.X. 2. Mainly because it was so buggy it couldn't run for more than 10 minutes at a time without freezing the system.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
I don't understand how people look at a game that by itself is an excellent game, but because it isn't exactly like its predecessor it's automatically the "worst game ever."   :rolleyes:

People did that with Halo 2 and now The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and whatever else.

Personally, Battlecruiser Millenium, ANY Battlecruiser game or whatever that dude, Derek or something, calls his game series can qualify as the worst ever.  I bought it and couldn't play it for more than five minutes. 

Hey, did you guys hear about that guy trying to buy the rights to Freespace and making FS3?  What did you think of that?  I heard there was a giant backlash against him from the FS community when he announced his "interest" in acquiring the Freespace franchise.  Was that community mentioned this one?

Offline ME$$ENGER

• The Yellow Peril
Hey, did you guys hear about that guy trying to buy the rights to Freespace and making FS3?  What did you think of that?  I heard there was a giant backlash against him from the FS community when he announced his "interest" in acquiring the Freespace franchise.  Was that community mentioned this one?

Ye shall not speak the heathen words. Tis not allowed here (not really, but usually a big flamewar follows).

My worst game ever (that I did not play): Big Rigs. This game is so bad people bought it just to check out how atrocious it is. In the end it actually sold more than Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. Sad.

Offline Freespace Freak

Why? If this is the community that backlashed against him, I have no fear of retaliation against me.  After all, I just mentioned my disgust at his games, so...

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
My worst game was MOO3  When I heard a new MOO came out, I was full of happiness, until I installed and played it. This was just an incredible evil trick on players. I have to admit that I haven't get to much into the detail of this game, because as soon as I had the first battle and saw graphics that was even worse than on an old C64 (anybody still know this ? :) ) I thought that does it :(  The CD-Rom is currently scaring away birds in my parent vegetable garden.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Why? If this is the community that backlashed against him, I have no fear of retaliation against me.  After all, I just mentioned my disgust at his games, so...

You need to lurk and search the forums for a while I see.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=1991;sa=showPosts
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Freespace Freak

Hey! That's the snippet I saw on Gamespot!  Eh, he hasn't been around since '04, so I doubt he's planning on doing it.  If he did buy the franchise and make FS3 I think I'd  :(

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
derek smart  :shaking:

please dont kill me  :nervous:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 02:38:37 am by Ashrak »
I hate My signature!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
My worst game ever (that I did not play): Big Rigs. This game is so bad people bought it just to check out how atrocious it is. In the end it actually sold more than Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. Sad.
'Bout time someone mentioned that.  Here's the Gamespot review of it.  Be sure to watch the videos for added hilarity. :p

'Bout time someone mentioned that.  Here's the Gamespot review of it.  Be sure to watch the videos for added hilarity. :p

LOL yeah it does not get any worse then that
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 05:13:04 pm by darklord3k »

Worst game ever? Such a wide variety to choose from!  :lol:

Ummmm..... I think it'd have to be Bomberman Hero, N64. Ugh, that game was a horrifying disappointment. :ick:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
Lolling at the video. You just don't believe it untill you see it.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Breath Of Fire:Dragon Quarter.

As for flight/space sim,Iron Aces.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nuclear1

Isn't Quest64 usually cited as the worst game ever?

I actually liked Quest64...damaged my N64 playing it because I didn't have a memory card, so I left the 64 running for a few days at one time. It rebelled, overheated, and it's never quite worked right since. Never did finish the game either.

As for the worst game ever, you know, down in your soul, that there can be only one worthy of the title.

Battlecruiser Millenium

You mean that one game made by DEREK SMART DEREK SMART DEREK SMART DEREK SMART? (Just to help Dr. Smart when he Googles his name :p )

In terms of worst game ever, the worst I've ever played would be either Iron Fist (the alternate history WWI game, interesting premise and fascinating background, but absolutely sucky in terms of balance and design) or Fallen Haven. It had a terrific background and I absolutely loved basically playing a Risk-inspired game that actually let me control the action in the battle, but the gameplay wasn't terrific.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!