Author Topic: Campaign: Into the Depths of Hell, Chapter 1  (Read 27850 times)

Offline Noise

• http://www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html
Campaign: Into the Depths of Hell, Chapter 1
All right, the first chapter of my campaign has been completed:D, Into the Depths of Hell: The Long Road Home.  For all of those who want to try it, e-mail me here: [email protected].
I would have loved to have placed screenshots, of which I have many, but I am unable to post attachments.  Come all and enjoy!:yes:
"The point of war is not to die for your country, the point is to make some other poor bastard die for his."

Into to the Depths of Hell Campaign Site
www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.

oh, if you want, you can send me the campaign and I'll attach it.

KT@3dactionplanet
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
[glow=red] Into the Depths of Hell [/glow]

brought to you by your local FedEx man, KT :D

EDIT: Oh, Which ever admin sees this first, put this up in the news (and prefrebly any other campaigns you notice. They seem to by sprouting up lately.) Gracias
« Last Edit: March 12, 2003, 10:51:31 pm by 675 »
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

I'll try it out tomorrow...when I get time...looks good though!

Will report back tomorrow

Cor

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I'm not trying to be too negative, but what I've played so far I haven't enjoyed. The gameplay is too repetetive - kill the shivans in this fighter, kill the shvans in that fighter, and the missions that are different to this (such as the one where you're intercepting those Shivan freighters and transports at the node) are so fr very simplistic.

A few other irks -

- Keep the nebula colour constant.
 - Name your shivan capships. Even if you use GEs Name Mage Program (do a serach for it on the forum)
 - Add some variation to your missions.
 - Limit some weapons - Helios bombs to attack Rakshasas?

For a first and independent campaign though it's not too bad I guess - spelling errors are few and you did remember to shy away from that oh so common of mistakes and use varied CBAnis. I think you just need a bit more practice.

BTW, congrats on the dedication - indepent campaigns rarely make it beyonfd story writing or the first few missions in FRED.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Noise

:) Truth be told, I started the campaign with little knowledge about FREDing.  As the missions progress, I learned more and more.  I put a great deal of work into Santuary Denied, but it even that seems simplistic by my new standards.
Besides, Chapter 1 is only meant to set the scene.  Chapter 2 and up is where the real story line is.;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2003, 03:50:34 pm by 973 »
"The point of war is not to die for your country, the point is to make some other poor bastard die for his."

Offline Noise

For those of you who are interested I'm going to list the names of all the chapters I have planned for the Into the Depths of Hell campaign.
Chapter 1: The Long Road Home
Chapter 2: The Evacuation of Gamma Draconis
Chapter 3: At All Costs
Chapter 4: Battle at the Edge of Oblivion
Chapter 5: The Road Less Traveled
Chapter 6: Operation Justice
Chapter 7: Darkness Encircling
Chapter 8: The Battle of Delta Copernicus
Chapter 9: Hook, Line, and Sinker
Chapter 10: The SOC Files
Chapter 11: No Other Option
Chapter 12: To Hold Back Hell
Okay, so maybe I'm a little too ambitious, but time will tell.  After all, chapters 2 through 5 only need fine tuning now.:D

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Noise
Okay, so maybe I'm a little too ambitious, but time will tell.  After all, chapters 2 through 5 only need fine tuning now.:D

:eek2::yes: Nice! You're a nut (in a good way), most of the campaigns around here haven't even finished their first releases :) Well done!
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Noise

Well, after what Black Wolf had to say I actually took a good long look at some of the missions and scrapped a few.  He was right, blast this, blast that, it goes on and on.  So I've decided to make so very spicy missions that should be interesting.
In my defence though, the reason why so many missions in chapter 1 were shoot any Shivan that moves was that I trying to instill a sense of relentless aggression from the Shivans.  It worked for me, I don't know about anyone else though.:confused:
I really looking forward to releasing chapter 6 though, for all your vengeance quenching needs....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2003, 03:33:46 pm by 973 »

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
this looks intresting. i'll post news about it and stickify this thread for some time.
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
OOOO, new campaign!!!

I'll play this as soon as poss. I'm in the middle of Lightning Marshal 3 at the mo, but I should finish that tonight. Looks interesting! :) :yes:

[EDIT]

YAY, 100 POSTS!!!:D

[/EDIT]
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline LAM3O

Just finsihed it.  That was a great campaign, and a lot of fun.  I also liked the story. I hope you continue with the chapters.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by pyro-manic
OOOO, new campaign!!!

I'll play this as soon as poss. I'm in the middle of Lightning Marshal 3 at the mo, but I should finish that tonight. Looks interesting! :) :yes:

[EDIT]

YAY, 100 POSTS!!!:D

[/EDIT]

I just wanted to point that out.

Anyway, downloading as we speak, I'll get back to you with the comments.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Noise

In regards to Chapter 2: The Evacuation of Gamma Draconis, I've taken Black Wolf's advice and scrapped three blast any Shivan missions, and replaced them with something more interesting.  Chapter 2 will be a little more complicated than 1, I've got several mods put in, but I still need to find out if I need permission for some of them.  Maybe two weeks to completion if things go smoothly.:nod:

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
awesome campingn need a animation creator you got him :D
I hate My signature!

Offline Noise

;) Chapter 2 Info ;)
Chapter 2: The Evacuation of Gamma Draconis
Synopsis:  With the Capella supernova shockwave coming closer towards Gamma Draconis everyday, the Capellan refugees make ready to depart after two years.  But there is still time, and the trapped GTVA fleet plans on training hard until the day comes that it must leave Gamma Draconis behind. For many, Gamma Draconis had become their new home, and leaving it would be hard.  It would be an orderly evacuation, unless the Shivans decided to take some curiosity in Gamma Draconis’s imminent destruction.

"It's another Knossos, and I think someone, or something just turned it on."
- Lieutenant (jg) Samuel Quinn
67th “The Saints” SOC Interceptor Squadron

Unlike Chapter 1, the chapter will include a number of mods, some pending permission.  But here are the desired mods:
GTI Acheron
GTI Scylla
GTCv Nike
GTWc Gryphon
GTWc Orc
GTsb Scimitar
SB Vindhyachal
GTB-143 Trinity
GTW Malcifer MD-8
Ion Capital Ship Weapons

Release coming soon!:)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2003, 12:03:25 pm by 973 »

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by Noise
With the Capella supernova shockwave coming closer towards Gamma Draconis everyday, the Capellan refugees make ready to depart after two years.

:wtf:

Offline Noise

Have you played the campaign yet?:confused:

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Have you ever thought of getting hosted?

b.t.w. - need help?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Noise

Getting hosted?  Would be a dream come true.  As far help is concerned, and it may sound a little much but I'm a big fan of your work, a Shivan battlestation and a shipyard would be a blessing and a half.:) I need the station for chapter 3, but I can find ways around that, and both the station and shipyard would be used extensively in chapters 5 and 6.  Plus I need a new fighter for chapter 5, but with so many on the net I really don't what to use.  I'm seriously considering your GTF Phoenix.