Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221385 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
I think I have all the missions people posted during the last week. It would be good if everyone else downloads them too, so we don't waste time with xfer disconnects (especially people whose connections seem to be prone to it). We'll start three hours from now.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Me and ED team members are having a meeting at the same time. Any chance that it could be moved 30 minutes either way?
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Me and ED team members are having a meeting at the same time. Any chance that it could be moved 30 minutes either way?
Encyclopedia Dramatica Team Members?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Earth Defence?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Hades

Earth Defence?
You get a cookie! :D
Cole not so much.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

Just join in when you're ready. We will be playing for a few hours anyway.

Offline Hades

Okay. :)
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
oh, missions... i hope i get them all since my hard drive decided this week to commit suicide now i have to redownload EVERYTHING.

Ah well, see ya there!
Signed, me

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers

Getting free samples of little blue pills?   :D
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
waits..............................
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Good game guys! seems like the stats saved some of the time. Taylor - will PAY u to fix the stat server so it works everytime!
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Taylor - will PAY u to fix the stat server so it works everytime!
Using a 3.6.10 build there shouldn't be a server-side reason for it not to work any longer.  If it doesn't work in 3.6.10 builds then it should be client-side, with missing CRCs for tables or the mission.  The multi.log file helps figure that out though, so if it doesn't work in a 3.6.10 build then send me that log file and I'll see what the problem might be.

It's not fixable in 3.6.9 builds any more than it already is though.  At least not without breaking compatibility (which is what I did for 3.6.10 builds).

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
As far as I could see, the stats were working fine today in 3.6.9. It saved for me every time except the capital gauntlet mission we did first, and that isn't validated yet. The last time we tried a 3.6.10 game, the stats weren't working at all and it didn't seem to recognize the players properly (clicking on someone else's pilot would give an error, "pilot not found" or something like that), but that was two weeks ago.

There was some other strange behavior today though, like the ships in Breaking the Seal leaving very quickly and apparently only on the host's end. I have seen timing glitches like this occur in the past, but they're rare and not easily reproducible. There were also two occasions on which one person (Flint and then Fubar) was dropped with a CTD right as we were jumping, although I don't know if that was just a freak thing or what.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 10:55:01 pm by CP5670 »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I think I hit F4 to see if the ships were logged dead or no and locked up the time I dropped.  Didn't know you jumped.  Possible F4 on client side when host jumps bug?  Might have to look into that one.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Taylor - will PAY u to fix the stat server so it works everytime!
Using a 3.6.10 build there shouldn't be a server-side reason for it not to work any longer.  If it doesn't work in 3.6.10 builds then it should be client-side, with missing CRCs for tables or the mission.  The multi.log file helps figure that out though, so if it doesn't work in a 3.6.10 build then send me that log file and I'll see what the problem might be.

It's not fixable in 3.6.9 builds any more than it already is though.  At least not without breaking compatibility (which is what I did for 3.6.10 builds).

i still cant login to 3.6.10 here is my multi log from  last night(3.6.10 one try) 3.6.9 the game and this morning 3.6.10 with an error (probably a time out message) hope this helps......

[attachment deleted by ninja]
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
i still cant login to 3.6.10 here is my multi log from  last night(3.6.10 one try) 3.6.9 the game and this morning 3.6.10 with an error (probably a time out message) hope this helps......
Give it another try, should work this time.  It was a memory allocation error but it should be properly squashed now.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I was just thinking about FS2 ports.  Now that the lobby is back do any other ports need to be opened up?  I remember retail required port 7117 as well. 

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
I was just thinking about FS2 ports.  Now that the lobby is back do any other ports need to be opened up?  I remember retail required port 7117 as well. 
Yeah, the lobby still uses 7117 (TCP).  I thought about changing that but decided against it.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just tried clicking on Pilot info in the lobby.  The getting player stats window comes up and never goes away until you hit cancel. 

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Just tried clicking on Pilot info in the lobby.  The getting player stats window comes up and never goes away until you hit cancel. 
Hmm, Mantis it and I'll take a look before the weekend.  The client-side code looks ok so I'm guess that something broke on the server side.