Author Topic: Something's bugging me.  (Read 2009 times)

Something's bugging me.
I have noticed an odd thing.  Since my cd 3 is broken, I assumed that by simply ripping out cutscenes from the campaign file, I could play the missions without being forced to play the movies.  However, and this is strange, once I'm transferred to the GVD Psamtik, I am still required to insert cd 3.  I must ask, why?  I have all the command briefs and voice files in the vps, so why is it needed?  I'm very confused here.
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Permissum sacramentum non exsisto infractus , per fides exsisto led.

Offline Axem

Do you have the FSO installed? I'm pretty sure that it doesn't ask you to put in any CD's in, and if it needs something from a CD it just won't load it. If not... find a crack or something?

Tried FSopen, didn't sit well with my comp.  The third cd is cracked, but I'm fairly sure that all the files are in the vps, except for the movies.  So why would it need it?
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Offline Axem

It's probably FS2 just being a spoiled brat then, wants his CD even if he doesn't need it... The only other thing I could think of is either find a crack or grab the Hotu version and put all your VP's in there.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
It's copy-protection. You NEED a CD to play the game, unless you crack it.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
tango_3_fs2.vp

From my experience, the game will ALWAYS check for this file on CD3... If you use the new build that has only the Multiplayer changes in it, you should be all set, since it should have been after the CD checks were removed...

THough I and 95% of others here STRONGLY reccomend you get the SCP working... YOu don't need to turn on all the visual features, in fact, if you turn them all off, its essentially Retail...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

The SCP completely fried fs2 last time I used it.  Even with all the features off, I had no stars, and the game freezing up whenever a beam was fired.  I could never figure out why.
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
How long ago was this?

AHTW

Yesterday, I used build 3.6, and launcher 5.
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War

Ok, someone go any UN-upload 3.6... Its OLD, and NOONE seems to UNDERSTAND that...

What flags?

AHTW

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
I`ve had trouble with different builds, but have found a few that will run without crashing, there are an assortment of builds out, one is suited for your needs, you just have to find it.. :D  Trial and error will set you free. :yes:

(edit) I`m using ver 4 launcher with FS2_open_env2.exe, these work good for me, minamal crashes and the fps are fairly good.
And this all on a 600mhz pc. :nod:  But I did buy a new vid card to replace the Radeon 7200 all in wonder, with a Radeon 9200..
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 07:41:32 pm by 695 »
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

flags=none, nothing in it at all.  I used default FS2 settings.

I may try version 4, but not if it fries FS2 again.
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Try this. Extract the cutscenes.tbl and change all the references to CD3 into ones for CD2.
 I'm not certain this will help but if you have VPView it will only take you about 1 minute to do.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]