Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308742 times)

Re: What are you working on?
:yes:

Configuration is still the same?

It's a light Vasudan cruiser, definitely glass cannon material. I intend to mount two SVas on the front teeth, Rakshasa-style, with an underslung AAAf. Flak turrets on the tail. Compatibility with, say, Petbe cargo containers is a nice thought.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Yay. I only make texture for this baby. Stats, role and lore explanation are GalEmp's part.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
squeeeeee!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

I think I probably should be posting this in my thread on the other side of the forum, since I don't know if this would ever go to Freespace, but people don't tend to go there very often and I sometimes want to shoot at Shivans and the CSA with homegrown spacecraft, so....

Je vous présenter Monsieur LeBrrt.

Any recommendations would be welcome. Also, any idea on how to make uv mapping and texturing less tedious or at least more of a success would be doubly appreciated.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Cool.  Clearly A-10 inspired, but the twin booms look to have come from the P-38 or HD Vampire.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I think I probably should be posting this in my thread on the other side of the forum

This is a modding community, so pls show off your work where a significant number of people can appreciate them! The Arts & Talents board is plain dead aside the single RPG thread that seems out of place there due to activity.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
These cannons on the nose... Dear God...
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Cool.  Clearly A-10 inspired, but the twin booms look to have come from the P-38 or HD Vampire.

Originally I had the horizontal stabiliser up top and the whole thing looked like a lovechild of an A-10 and a De Havilland Sea Vixen. The problem with that configuration was that the horizontal stabiliser blocked the glorious engines when looked at from chase view.

This is a modding community, so pls show off your work where a significant number of people can appreciate them! The Arts & Talents board is plain dead aside the single RPG thread that seems out of place there due to activity.

Well, I happen to be on that forum game too! Looks like I'll be posting ships here in the future, then. Thanks.

These cannons on the nose... Dear God...

Primary armament in FS-style terms would be 1 bank of 4 30mm 6-barrel Gatling guns and 1 bank of 1 200mm electromagnetic ball bearing launcher. Unlinkable, because the plane doesn't have enough juice to simultaneously run the guns while charging the capacitors, and the recoil of firing everything would probably throw it way off course. After playing on the Valkyrie a lot I have learned that the most sensible gun placement would be to stick them as close together and in-line with the cockpit as possible.

Well, I happen to be on that forum game too! Looks like I'll be posting ships here in the future, then. Thanks.

The forum game thread was the only one with posts from this year though.

Offline Valiran

Just got back to looking at this site after a few years of college and I am loving the work I see here! :D My only complaint is that Esarai hasn't been seen for the last couple years. His art was some of my favorite in all of FSOpen. :sigh:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Yeah I remember you from his fleetpack thread.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Just got back to looking at this site after a few years of college and I am loving the work I see here! :D My only complaint is that Esarai hasn't been seen for the last couple years. His art was some of my favorite in all of FSOpen. :sigh:

He hangs out with us on #bp sometimes, Rockstar has (in typical game studio fashion) devoured his life with endless crunch.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Gopniks in my shipyard are off-duty. May be finished or not.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Looks ED'ish - Can't say I'm a fan of that design, but work is impressive as ever  :yes:
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Looks like a rough cross between a Rakshasa and a Moloch.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

From the top view it looks more like an ant TBH. :nervous:

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Oooo, Rakshasa 2.0. Looking mighty good! Is this a new ship or a update to an existing one? It looks familier.

From the top view it looks more like an ant TBH. :nervous:

A really scary ant at that. From the side it looks a bit like the Lucifer (it got tired of holding it's arms up  :lol:)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It comes from Sins of a Blue Planet under the name Ahriman along with another, strange looking shivan corvette. I work on her mostly to have a testbed for PBR shivan textures. As a stuff not associated with any project, I will release her... If she is ever finished.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:49:28 pm by Nyctaeus »

Didn't you wanted to work on a certain different Shivan ship anyway? ;7
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 01:25:00 pm by Nightmare »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Didn't you wanted to work on a certain different Shivan ship anyway? ;7
This ship deserves some practice before I take it on my workbench, if it ever happen :P