Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576526 times)

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
You know what, I'm gonna leave this discussion before I even get involved. Just to confirm, though- the wipe is supposed to happen ~a week after 1.3 hits, yeah?
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Jesus christ guys, give it a rest.
mura's right, I banned trash because I find him annoying, the constant requests for me to worldedit stuff were part of the reason I stopped going on my own server. Complaining repeatedly about my decisions after I've made it clear I'm not reversing them also contributed to it. Also, please trash, try to maintain some dignity and stop flailing about with the "see how you like it when it happens to you!" posts and other related attempts at weaseling out of the ban by arguing until I get fed up and unban you, because it's not going to happen.

IronBeer, server reset may happen in a week, may take longer, it all depends on how long we take to build spawntown and how long bukkit takes to release a 1.3 stable build, if both happen within a week, I'll leave it until the week is over. Also, that's an awesome gif.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Just in case anyone's wondering, I'm still very much here, just awaiting the reset.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Ah, Sandwich: me, Kyad and mura have been discussing things for the past few days on IRC, it would be great if you could join us. Possibly tomorrow? I'm about to go to bed.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I'll try, what time?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I'll try, what time?
Now that I think about it, I won't be on much tomorrow, but kyad and mura should be on in the evening.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Well if you need me, SMS me and I'll get on. Number's in your PM box.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Jesus christ guys, give it a rest.
mura's right, I banned trash because I find him annoying, the constant requests for me to worldedit stuff were part of the reason I stopped going on my own server. Complaining repeatedly about my decisions after I've made it clear I'm not reversing them also contributed to it. Also, please trash, try to maintain some dignity and stop flailing about with the "see how you like it when it happens to you!" posts and other related attempts at weaseling out of the ban by arguing until I get fed up and unban you, because it's not going to happen.

F** you qaz.

You blame me for the worldedit stuff?
You could have - at any point - said "no" and that would be the end of it. In fact, you did say no on a few things I asked and I don't recall bothering you about it afterwards. Either way, the worldedit things I asked are favors - I didn't "demand" anything for you. I asked nicely. I waited for you to have time. Yeah, I could have flattened the land my myself, true - the only difference is that it would take me weeks and it would take you minutes. I did ask for quate a few favors, but then again TrashMania was a huge project.

As for the complaining - I wasn't complaining. If you consider that complaining you got a few boards loose in that head of yours. Merely mentioning the possible, logical negative effects of your decision is enough to hurt your bloated ego (NO ONE MUST DARE TO DISCUSS WHAT I DID! NO ONE!!). If I were you qaz, I'd be worried about my own dignity because you came off as nothing more than a big fat dic*asaurus.

What about that T-Tower?

What about it? It was built on a small island in the middle of the sea.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:44:27 am by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I were you qaz, I'd be worried about my own dignity because you came off as nothing more than a big fat dickasaurus.

This made my day.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Alright, enough with the flames. This is the second time in a WEEK that I've had reports made about this thread.

If you guys can't keep it civil, I or one of the other admins will do it for you. If you can't talk to each other without aggressive name calling then you're not wanted here. Capiche?

Jeez.

Now everyone take a deep breath. Put your personal issues to one side and either talk about Minecraft or don't talk at all. I'll be keeping an eye on reported posts and if a trend develops, action will be taken.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
What about it? It was built on a small island in the middle of the sea.

I just vaguely recall some debacle over it, thought it related

Anyhow, what's everyone's plans for the new map? I intend to make myself a village of sorts in some interesting site if possible
Screw pine this time round. No way in hell am I going to mine for all that **** again
"No"

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Yeah, I haven't been on 'cause I'm waiting for the reset. I'm going to start off small since I don't play all that much. I'll be happy with a nice cosy house to start with. Maybe underground. With a fireplace.

[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Yeah, I haven't been on 'cause I'm waiting for the reset. I'm going to start off small since I don't play all that much. I'll be happy with a nice cosy house to start with. Maybe underground. With a fireplace.

Yer I'm thinking of finding a surface opening to a cavern and building a mud hut with mine access in the floor next to it, probably start a wheat farm on the roof at the start then improving it as I go.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
After the reset, I think I'll get back into it. Might even make some sort of structure, out of some variety of materials.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Thanks vague enough to work...

I guess we'll go back to doing the sandstone manor, maybe this time we will finish the towers before going underground... also, we had a really big courtyard, so keeping it lit without looking dumb was HARD, and torches look ugly, any ideas on lightning? glowstone or lampstones?

PS: We were getting some spawns on dark spots...
Signed, me

I guess we'll go back to doing the sandstone manor, maybe this time we will finish the towers before going underground... also, we had a really big courtyard, so keeping it lit without looking dumb was HARD, and torches look ugly, any ideas on lightning? glowstone or lampstones?

A torch (or some magma) under a glass block, embedded in the floor is another possible option.  It will save you a trip to the Nether for glowstone, while being similarly unintrusive.  You will need to place your lights closer together, using this option, though, as the torch produces one level darker light than glowstone and will be a block lower than just plonking a glowstone block directly into the floor.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I may have to rebuild my sandstone mansion. I feel a desire to build one on each server.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Thanks vague enough to work...

PS: We were getting some spawns on dark spots...

The way I light my places outside is generally with the following

Looks less odd when it's not right next to something

Also, here's a little snippet from Pec's server
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:57:43 pm by deathfun »
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I hopped onto Pece's the other day to take a look around, but unfortunately I didn't run into anyone at the time.