Author Topic: Asset Dump  (Read 9898 times)

The long delayed Syrk asset dump is finally here! After countless hours battled, zipping the folder, taming gremlins in my upstream and power loss, the thing is finally available.

Not much more to say that hasn't already been said in the announcement of closure thread regarding the project and its assets.
This .7z archive basically contains the mod as it was in our latest svn (+ uncommitted changes to mission 10  :nervous:).

I just hope that nothing got messed up during the upload.

>>> Download Link <<< (mediafire)

EDIT - This asset dump includes:
- Really pretty shockwaves
- Palette-swapped textures of exisiting community models
- SoL's OST, which has already been released
- About 30ish missions in varying states of completion
- Various weapons effects
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 06:26:44 am by X3N0-Life-Form »

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I shall download this and see if there are pretty sphess sheeps. If possible I'll try to get it mirrored on FSMods for you gents.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Highlighted for the highlight-ening!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Thanks. :yes:

On a general note: If you think you have a low-end machine, don't run syrk_8.fs2. It might crash your system. It did mine.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Unfortunately, I have never followed Syrk but it sounded like a promising mod. Though it's sad that the project got cancelled, at least the asset dump is now released and available.

X3NO, I believe the first post of this thread should be edited. Community members like me who haven't monitored progress have no idea what the project is really about and absolutely don't know what kind of files are stored in this asset dump. The announcement of closure thread doesn't really provide an accurate description of this dump, either. Just a suggestion.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Thanks. :yes:

On a general note: If you think you have a low-end machine, don't run syrk_8.fs2. It might crash your system. It did mine.

god that was a monster
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
So, uh...
Which mission follows after the first one? Syrk_10 or Syrk_2? Neither has any reference to anything in the first mission.

EDIT: Disregard all that. Found the thread where it's explained. It's, obviously, Syrk_2.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

I'm not sure syrk_10 even works :P

X3NO, I believe the first post of this thread should be edited. Community members like me who haven't monitored progress have no idea what the project is really about and absolutely don't know what kind of files are stored in this asset dump. The announcement of closure thread doesn't really provide an accurate description of this dump, either. Just a suggestion.

Yeah, I thought about that before posting, but in order to be able to give an accurate idea of what's inside, I would have had to dive into it myself, which I didn't had time for. Basically I just thought "hey, I wonder if I could zip up & upload Syrk on mediafire", without giving it too much thought.

Now, on top of my head, I would say that this asset dump contains:
- Really pretty shockwaves
- Palette-swapped textures of exisiting community models
- SoL's OST, which has already been released
- About 30ish missions in varying states of completion
- Various weapons effects

I would be grateful if other members of the team could tell what I'm missing (still don't have time to properly analyse what's in the mod folder).

EDIT - Altered the first post.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
If you look in the missions folder there is a campaign file with the program portion altered.  Syrk_act1.fsk or something like that.  if you just rename it to syrk_act1.fc2 you can use it.  It doesn't have the last two missions in it but syrk_19 and syrk_20 could be added via the campaign editor.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 05:49:08 pm by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Molaris

is anyone having problems downloading it? It started 2 nights ago just fine, but now it won't download.
"Hey, Mike, you think you can toss me my calculations? Thanks! Ah, here it is: "Breach Hull - All Die." Even had it underlined!" -Crow T. Robot-