Author Topic: Hiring for TVWP!!!  (Read 13551 times)

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by Goober5000

Hades, howabout we give our new friend DragonClaw here an avatar?  He's going to be doing a couple command briefing animations for us.  Really good ones, too. :D

Avatar and Internal Access. I'll talk to Shrike.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Goody goody. :D While you're at it, mention that I still haven't received my FTP access email yet. :rolleyes:

Offline Solatar

You can ask him that:D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I already did... :sigh:

I haven't heard much from Tar-Palantir in a while, though.

You (read: someone on the project) should have my logo's for the PRM, LR, KC and UNE. Whether they're any good if another matter but you should have them. If you've still need more Command briefs let me know. Alas, they will not be animated.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, I have UNE, LR, and PRM, but not KC.  If you want to make a GTI logo, that'd be cool. :)

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by Goober5000
I already did... :sigh:

Alright, then I'll ask.:D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yay!  I just got a PM saying it's being done. :)

Well, I have UNE, LR, and PRM, but not KC

I take it you want me to send you my KC ani, or has someone already done it? If they have it'll probably be better than mine.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
Oh curses.... I can't convert the subspace nodes... doesn't use polygons or something, get an error on the old one and the new one isn't visible at all(--and I get some error in 3dexploration when i convert to .lwo)

bah... Goober, is there any other options?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Eh? :wtf:

Hmm... suppose I took a bunch of screenshots of the old node in FRED, and then you could assemble them into an animation or something.  Or I could try doing a video screen capture.  What say you?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Oh, and keep in mind the old node and the new node use different formats.  I could send you a FS2 format old node if you need it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Actually, I think this one is a better view...

If you want, I could screen-capture an animation of me twirling it around in ModelView, and you could use that.  Or alternatively, you could screen-capture your own twirling with the model I sent you. :)

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
I mean for the cbani you wanted me to do..... I need a model of it, and for me to do the animation it needs to be in lightwave format(.lwo), and I can't convert the pof to .lwo for some reason or other...  every other FS2/FS ships converts fine but the node uses some other type of modelling that either pof2cob or 3dexploration doesn't like

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Right...but I was wondering about superimposing the node animation over the finished cbanim if you didn't have to do it using a model.  Hmm...

Maybe we could ask Woomeister if it's possible to convert it.  I'll PM him.

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Do you need any mission testers, i haven`t seen any apply yet, if so let me know via this post or pm..
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Solatar

No, we do need FREDers though. If you can do glowpoints on our models that would be great. I can't do them all myself.

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
No mission testers, oh well, though i`d ask anyway..

I don`t have any expertice at models (glow points ) i`m afraid.. I can do subsystems, engines weapons communictions, you get the idea, except turreting, I can`t turret at all...  

So anyway, how is the campaign going, mods and such, good I hope..

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Maybe I misunderstood what you asked about glow points, do you mean engine glows, if so, yes I can do engine glows..

Not to sure about fighters unless they are added the same way as capital ship engine glows ..

If i`m right you got a helper ready and waiting..

(edit) I can also do the tables for the subsystems, if I understood you correctly.. I`m hoping so..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2003, 11:07:56 pm by 695 »

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
I can probably figure out glow points on models. I can do pretty much everything else with POFs as well, including paths and insignia. The glow points stuff doesn't look too complex anyway.