Author Topic: Thor said to post this here?  (Read 9401 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Thor said to post this here?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Solatar

Not sure why. If it's derived from the Hercules, it doesn't belong in the TVWar.

Excellent concept though.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
good boy.

Do you think we could use something like this?  Maybe Raa, if hes willing, could wip up some more.  

Solatar
Not sure why. If it's derived from the Hercules, it doesn't belong in the TVWar.

You're not thinking creatively buddy.  It looks the part, so we can  make it fit.  Maybe the same company developed both, this one FIRST (maybe).  I personally think it would fit excellently into an early periode of the war, not the beginning, but that side of the middle.  The design elements where succesful, so the Hercules was made, incorporating elements like the cockpit, the belly fin, etc.  See, if you want me to prove it, I'm sure I could write a convincing tech description.  Just judge it on its appropriateness of design.  If we think the design is suitable, than I'd like to see it in.  Thats why I wanted it in here, so we could admire its coolness and see if it would work.  

Thoughts folks?  (You too Raa)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 03:03:39 pm by 850 »
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Excellent!  Nice to see that someone other than me is searching for model ideas. ;)

Certainly, by all means let's add it.  Like Thor said, it might make sense coming shortly before the middle of the TVW.

Now all we need is a modeller.  But let's wait until the Chapter 1 ships are finished first. :)

Offline Solatar

Alright, as long as Raa wants to, I don't have a problem putting it in.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Actually, you don't know how [don't sound lame... don't sound lame...] exciting [d'oh] it is to have interest in my drawings like this. :)

I'll see about trying to make more sketches, but most things usually end up funny looking.

The thing is, I think the great war ships had a more here and now touch. We were thinking we were the best, and then we had a vastly superior enemy to try and kill us... blah blah blah...

I think the ship should be slow, and fairly heavily armored, like the Amun...

I think I may have some more designs out there in my book, I'll check t'morrow.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 06:28:09 pm by 273 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yay - you quoted the TVWP website! :lol:

Yes - we love concept sketches. :nod: This way, our modellers won't have to think up something from scratch.  Don't worry about funny-looking... we can use those for the Vasudan ships. :D

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I had to quote it. When I read that I let out a loud 'HAHA!' that I shocked myself...

I did come up with something, but I have to find my scanner, it's still packed in a box from when I moved here a month ago...

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Maybe we should give him an avatar just for the quote;)

or maybe for being a concept artist.  Can't wait to see what you have next.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I tend to make things look like hercs, so I'm going to one day sit in front of the PC and steal design elements from all of the other V concepts. :)

I do have another somewhere, and for once it is symmetrical :)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
You asked for more concept drawings?
These are simple sketches I made at my grandmother's house in the free time I had away from my screaming cousins.

They're not the best, just little "5 minuters"...  I'm not very good with perspective, so bear with what they look like.

I've a few in my drawing book. One day I'll take it out of the trunk of my car and scan them too.

EDIT: LVLSHOTted // Goober5000
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 12:48:10 pm by 561 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Good stuff. :yes: But #2 kinda looks like the Medusa.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Yeah, kind of a Medusa - Athena combo...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I kind of like #1. I can see it as a super-heavy assault fighter, like the Ares. Asymmetrical weapons placement and three secondary banks would make it an interesting and unique fighter. It will need some excellent texturing to do it justice, though.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
By all means... Go ahead. :)  I can't really help you with model creation (I'm sure you've seen my last model. :p) or textures (I'm more of a 'tweak the originals' kinda guy) but... I'll be there for moral support. :)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It's certainly not the best looking vassy ship, but it doesn't look terran, and I'm sure with some work you could screw with it and make it look more canon.

Offline Solatar

Very nice, I like it.:yes:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:wtf:

It looks like a sideways flower.  Definitely needs some messing with. :)

[merged with the other thread]

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well, I don't see the flower resemblance, but if oyu do, ok. lol

And I didn't know you could merge threads, that's handy...

Anyway. Good luck with the model. I think I have a Terran cruiser idea somewhere, but I dunno how FS Era it is...

Gimme a few minutes and I'll up it.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards