Author Topic: Subject deleted.  (Read 74551 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Post deleted.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 09:48:53 am by IPAndrews »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Weekly multiplayer sessions
works for me. Should at least. See you tomorrow :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
My girlfriend was most amused that you managed to literally beat me at my own game last time around.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Why do you think I rarely play BtRL online? I wrote most of the missions I'd get my arse kicked on. :D

I'll see if I can make it for the game though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I'm adding this to my calendar.

And who's the host? Any player limits? Where's the server located?

Thanks!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Argh, and i can't play...anyway, good to see TBP finally goes MP.

And for the GMT times, you can also check following link:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
Cool!!!  ;7
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I'll try to make it but I might be a little late.  Right about 8 GMT is when I am just starting to get going for the day. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Shade

Same, probably be there, probably be a bit late (I just realized my TBP version is old, gotta update to the newest one before I can log on).
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline maje

I'll see what I can do.  I don't think anything will be going on at that time.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Please may  I ask that anyone who does one thing:

Reads the multiplayer instructions linked above.

As part of that you will need a clean copy of 3.4b. So if you need to download the installer again start it downloading in advance because it's a big tile. Past that I will be providing a patch to make multiplayer work nicely. Given that PXO doesn't seem to have a chat lobby it might be an idea to load up and instant messaging program in case you have problems. I can be contacted on ICQ 29118701.

Offline Shade

Given that PXO doesn't seem to have a chat lobby it might be an idea to load up and instant messaging program in case you have problems.
There is a lobby, it's just a very recent addition so only 3.6.10 builds support it. Builds from this year have it enabled by default, but for anything from before christmas it's a command line option as it was really buggy back then.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
TBP 3.4b is intended for use with 3.6.9. I was be absolutely gobsmacked if it worked with 3.6.10. I suggest everyone use 3.6.9 this evening and do their out of game chat via IM.

Offline Shade

True, two betas working well with each other prior to any testing for it is a bit much to hope for, I guess :p Still, I'll give it a try, 3.6.10 is might surprise you ;)

Offline Shade

Well, I gave 3.6.10 a try, and from what I can tell it works with no problems whatsoever. All I had to do was stick the build in the TBP directory, run it, and I was able to play through the one coop multiplayer mission with no incidents. The only thing is that it connects to the 3.6.10 beta server daemon as it no longer uses fs2open_pxo.cfg, so it gets annoyed at the tables.

Here are the things I tested:

Intro works (that's really cool by the way, nice work. Makes me want to watch season 3 again).
Sound works.
Tech room works.
Multi works.
Barracks work.
Interface: There seems to be a transparency issue with the game-type icons in the server list screen for MP, otherwise everything looks beautiful.

All in all, I'm pleasently surprised. Didn't try SP, so that may still have issues, but nonetheless I think you may have to start mentally preparing yourself for getting smacked with a gob.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
If it works in single player as well I'll eat my hat.

Offline Shade

[Edit] Never mind. Didn't notice 3.4 includes SP missions. Me dumb.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
That's fine. I'm not sure I have time for all these bizarre activities I seem to be signing up for anyway.

Offline Shade

Just tried the first mission of the Earth-Minbari War demo, and everything went without a hitch. Well except for me forgetting to set up the controls for my SP pilot before committing, making me think everything was bugged to hell when none of the keys or buttons worked :P

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Re: Weekly multiplayer sessions (Tonight)
As with last week, a patch will be made available shortly before the multiplayer session tonight. Keep an eye on this and the multiplayer setup thread.