Author Topic: [sw] I need a FREDDer for a "strange" thing  (Read 2530 times)

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
[sw] I need a FREDDer for a "strange" thing
I need one (or more) freeder for a SW conversion teaser.
He MUST have a good/excellent knowledge of the new sexps of FSopen, and expecially the persistent variables.
He has obviously to be able to run flawlessy FSO on his own system.
The minicampaign of the teaser will have an arcade-style and will be melee-based, it will not be too long, but surely hard to code.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
bump with more details:

The idea is to release something that will show our models, the graphic beauty of FSO and the powers of FREDopen.
The minicamps of the teaser will be based upon the fighters, and therefore melees. There can't be a "true" story for obvious reasons only with fighters.
I think that the best way to create minicamps with those specifics is to create an "arcade style" minicamp.
Something like- if you played at it- the melee tournament in tachyon.
Persistent variables will be heavily used: you'll have a score, like an arcade game, based upon your damages at the end of the each melee, the time required to win, opponent's level, difficulty, how many times you died etc. You will have moneys, to buy new ships/weapons as soon as they are avaiable. There may be "secret levels" if you achieve some golas (always win with no damage, or similar). You will have some degree of freedom in choosing the opponents. You will meet famous characters (luke, vader...) etcetc....
I'm not a fredder admittedly, and I don't know how much of this can be done or how, but this is the general idea.
Two arcade melee minicamps, one for imperials and one for rebels.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
If such a thing is possible, you'd have a very interesting possibility for reviving FS tournament in single player...........

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I think I'm finally coming to understand this - would this be more a kind of Shivan Gauntlet type mission set, where you individually face off against various enemies? Because that might be easier to do than you think - he score and variable stuff'd be complex, yes, but the basic mission'd be a snap.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Sounds good - shouldn't be too hard to do as long as you get the scoring system worked out properly. :)
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
IT IS easy, since it will be just a set of few melees (5-10 for each side) where you have to destroy any other opponent to "win" the mission. Call it deathmatch if you prefer. The hard part will be all the variables stuff, needed to make the whole thing...more interesting and funny and, more important, to show outside the community what mission designers can do with FRED

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
... with source coding assistance, it would really not be so hard. Needs time, time, time, testing, testing, testing.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.