Author Topic: R-41 Starchaser & Dreadnaught (WIPs)  (Read 5962 times)

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
R-41 Starchaser & Dreadnaught (WIPs)
As you might guess, both are very WIP.

"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: R-41 Starchaser & Dreadnaught (WIPs)
The R-41 is a dogt ugly ship. It's a design problem though, nothing you can do about it.

The dreadnaught though... looks a bit... I dunno. It seems a tough stubby, though I'll grant that that could be the viewing angle, especially in the first shot. You could maybe do with rounding off those corners up the front a bit perhaps?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

The R41 makes me think of the product of a Z-95 Headhunter that mated with the main character's ship in Descent.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
More work on teh starchaser done.
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

The shape is good to me. Continue the main course.

Edit:  Also, Truespace isn't necessary for modeling, and neither is purchasing the full version.  3.2 is available freely and still capable of making models.  There's also Blender, 3ds Max, Wings3d, Sketchup, Solid Modeling applications, etc...

but you most buy everything for modelling full version

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The R-41 is already perfect as it is.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline aRaven

the nicest starchaser i've ever seen! and it's true to the TG model ^^

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Considering it's only been in the games, leaving that as our only reference for its appearance, I'd hope so :)

What a ship has appeared in really determines the level of accuracy we have to give it.  If it was only in say, TIE Fighter, its only reference is a very low quality model, so we have a lot of artistic license to make it what we want.  However, the R-41 was actually a pretty neat looking ship, so Tempest didn't mind sticking closely to the TG stuff, and just adding a little more mesh detail here and there.  I'm quite impressed with this one actually.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

The reference I gave Tempest was not the TG model. But the TG model does follow closely to it.

Edit:  Also, Truespace isn't necessary for modeling, and neither is purchasing the full version.  3.2 is available freely and still capable of making models.  There's also Blender, 3ds Max, Wings3d, Sketchup, Solid Modeling applications, etc...

but you most buy everything for modelling full version