Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2544 times)

Hi all, just found out about this place. Like all of you here I am a huge BSG fan and played and enjoyed Freespace 2 back in the day. Just thought I'd say hi to everyone and patiently anticipate the release of the first few missions from this ambitious mod project!

I was curious though - will the game use the old textures and such from the original engine or will the game have a more 'current' look to the graphics?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Do you mean will we be using GTD Orion skins on Battlestars? If so then that would be a no, i don't even think the latest HTL Orion incarnation uses original textures :)  All Diaspora ships will be using there own purpose made textures.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline newman

I'd answer, but I'd much rather make you check out our shots from the game. You can find them in the
dev blog, eyecandy thread, on our moddb page, and of course, on our website.
Even a quick, sporadic look on any of the pictures would answer this question.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Cool. Things are looking great! I'm sure this'll be an awesome game when it leaves the gate.

Hey dudes!

Nice to see this project in play -- will confess to being totally caught by surprise by it, like most lurkers. Lost interest in BtRL -- my fault, not anything mod-related: got tired of seeing spoilers in the forums, have been avoiding them religiously since the end of S3 -- but am happy that there are now two quality BSG mods.

Quick [dopey] question for you -- is this new mod going to incorporate the new SCP 3.6.10 changes?

Cheers all, best of luck
Mass

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Quick [dopey] question for you -- is this new mod going to incorporate the new SCP 3.6.10 changes?

We're already using 3.6.11 features (via builds from myself or Wanderer) :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

We're already using 3.6.11 features (via builds from myself or Wanderer) :D

Brilliant!