Author Topic: Unable to host multi games  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
So, since me and a couple of friends recently got multi working, and the only one that's able to host left because he's lame and has crappy internet (aardwolf) I tried hosting myself. I disabled every frakking firewall and fowarded my ports and still nobody can see my game.  :confused:

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Unable to host multi games
I'll assume you are using a recent 3.6.10 build.

Do you have both 7808 and 7117 forwarded?  UDP and TCP. 

Do you have anything in the force IP or force port in the launcher?  If so remove it. 

If you are running Norton/Symantec anti-virus it considers FS2 a worm and blocks it.   I quit using it over a year ago but there is something you can do to either allow FS2 or disable the part that is blocking FS2.  Note you will need to redo this every time you switch versions of FS2.  The popup that asks you if you want to allow it does nothing.

Other than that what type of connection do you have?  Router/modem type?  Wireless?   

No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Not sure about 7117, I know 7808 is. I'll check that now. Nope.

Why in gods name would I want to use Norton? I avoid that thing like the plague.

5 mbps FiOS cable.

Going to foward 7117 and see if it helps. :)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Unable to host multi games
Remembered one other thing.  Your IP needs to be visible to the clients.  So if you have something keeping the IP (or last part of it) from being viewed you'll need to turn it off while hosting. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Works now. Jr2 never told me about the other port  :p