Author Topic: Project Zathras  (Read 31180 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Created a test mission and it worked just fine. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Zathras RC3 now available.  To install just delete your old Zathras directory (save any files/missions you may want of course) and extract in your TBP directory.

Included in this version.

A few more bug fixes
Z_Multi.vp containing multiplayer missions & voice files
Xmas2008_0rph3u5.vp:  This is 0rph3u5's 2008 Xmas Fredder pack minus some duplicate files and head .ani files.
Revan.vp:  This is where the head .ani files went to along with a bunch of new ones from Reven. 

I wouldn't go deleting the Fredder pack directory just yet.  There is one duplicate fixed planet used that isn't in Zathras.  Basically 1_p_gas7.dds is no longer needed since p_gas7.dds works now but a few missions still point to 1_p_gas7.   So if you used that planet in one of your missions please take a few seconds to edit it for your next release. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:21:22 am by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
A bug was found with Ultimate Gauntlet.  Well it's not the mission itself but the number of ships.  Apparently there is a 39 ship limit in the loadout screen.  Version without the maint bot will be in RC4. 

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
thanks fubar
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
RC4 now available.  Includes FS2_Open 3.6.10 RC3 Inferno builds.

Fixes: 
Ultimate Gauntlet
<none> primary weapon

Additions:
0rph3us's textures from the Recolored Civs pack.  Can be used via texture replacement.
Nova nameplate ability and several nameplates
Additional Explorer nameplates
Poseidon nameplates

Removed:
Blueish landscape.  Can be used via texture replacement of the Earth Landscape. 

Few pics:

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Question: Is this on the List of things to be fixed?

[attachment deleted by ninja]
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
It wasn't but it is now.

And fixed.  Will be in the next release.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:15:11 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline Vidmaster

2 things.

Could you add a Poseidon nameplate called "Charlemagne" ?
The table file I send you (you know, FH2261 M4) is missing.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline den5

Will be in the next release.

Maybe you need to use these entries for Shadows and the ships/fighters which have not own jump engines. It works with fs2_open_3_6_10_RC3_INF. It is checked up.

$Warpin type:                  Hyperspace
$Warpout type:                Hyperspace

To add it after $Slide decel or after $Glide for fighters/bombers. It will be cool for fighters arrival/departure from a jump gate or with cruiser.

More about warp:

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Ships.tbl
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:17:43 am by den5 »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
2 things.

Could you add a Poseidon nameplate called "Charlemagne" ?
The table file I send you (you know, FH2261 M4) is missing.

I can add any Poseidon/Nova/Explorer nameplates anyone wants.  I'll make one tonight and get it to you and add it to the next version. 

Thought I sent you an email on why I left that out.  No problem adding it as it's already been tested.  Can do that anytime. 

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Will be in the next release.

Maybe you need to use these entries for Shadows and the ships/fighters which have not own jump engines. It works with fs2_open_3_6_10_RC3_INF. It is checked up.

$Warpin type:                  Hyperspace
$Warpout type:                Hyperspace

To add it after $Slide decel or after $Glide for fighters/bombers. It will be cool for fighters arrival/departure from a jump gate or with cruiser.

More about warp:

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Ships.tbl

This is something we would have to really take a good hard look at before doing.  One of the things we are trying to do is preserve all backward compatibility.  Changing the tables like this could break mission compatibility.  The only way I would feel comfortable doing it is if there are no completed campaigns/missions it would effect. 

Of course this does not mean that people can't make a .tbm for those ships for their campaigns with the effect.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Hyperspace isn't currently used by TBP is it?  I thought that was the one created for FotG.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just the hyperspace.pof not as a warp effect.

Offline captain-custard

hi this post stems from a discussion the other day in IRC and a little bit of testing myself ...

i have alredy podted this here http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,58230.680.html

but i would like to continue the discussion here as i feel eventualy if the cas e is roven and with the developement of zathras in a rolling mode i would like to here your thoughts....

basically it stems down to something as simple as

i believe that the larger the vp the more chance that there is some performance drop in low to mid ranged systems....it seems to be ok with vps up to 650mb , but vps over the 1gb seem to give a loss of up to 10fps + in game with lots going on , ie  asteroid fields huge battles (maybe) etc

as the core file in TBP is 1.3gb  i was wonderig what size zathras will get too atm i see it staying small but as developement moves on and maybe we go down the root of mvps etc i was just looking to exchange ideas and thoughts about it ..;

anyway be glad to here your thoughts
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
There is also an issue with large VPs not working in VPView once they contain over a certain number of files.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Skullar

Well, cant you just make 2 vps instead of one then ?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. That's exactly what should be done. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline captain-custard

ok i dont want to cause a flame war or political backlash but just for testing purposes would it be possible to reduce the main TBP vp into 2/3 smaller vps to see if there is a boost in the fps of the game, i would really like to try this as i think, not just for TBP but for the game in general if we can keep the vps as small as posible (without having 20 of them) then with a few ppl testing them we could come up with something that works better on lower powered systems........

anyway tell me to shut up now

Offline Vidmaster

my killer gaming rig (QuadCore, one GB of VRAM, 4 1066 RAM, blabla) still goes down one some insane missions I fredded for TBP  :)