Author Topic: Zathras 2.3 and Guardian of Light  (Read 6741 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Zathras 2.3 and Guardian of Light
Omega, Nova, Hyperion, and Midwinter all only have 4.  You can launch as many ships as you want at one time even if you only have 1 path it just doesn't look good. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline wesp5

Omega, Nova, Hyperion, and Midwinter all only have 4.  You can launch as many ships as you want at one time even if you only have 1 path it just doesn't look good.

Okay, then I probably just keep it like it is. Because on closer inspection in the missions I tested 5 or 6 fighters are launched from EA cruisers, Sharlins, Babylon 5, Drakh cruisers, Centauri cruiser and EA explorers and I never noticed much.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well the biggest issue is the ships are arriving in mission already damaged because they bang into each other.  Yes the sparks flying and 2 ships appearing where there was 1 doesn't look good but having some ships with a random starting hull value is the real issue.  Heck it's even possible for ships to get killed this way. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline wesp5

But unless there is some kind of info about the launching ship numbers in the tech data window, you or someone else knowing this stuff would need to provide me and anyone else with the correct numbers for all ships used in all released missions. And I have only checked the few from MAG, Vidmaster and Darkmaster...

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Actually there is one more way to tell.  Click on restrict arrival paths of one of the ships or the wing.  That should tell you the number of paths available.  It won't show you where they are so ships like the explorer will still be confusing.