Author Topic: Need a Brakiri missile model  (Read 6389 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Need a Brakiri missile model
Found out there is a missing model for the Brakiri Meteor Shower weapon.  Anyone able to whip one up?  Low poly is fine but if you can do a good one with a high poly tech model that would be better.  I can do the conversion and lods.  Heck I can even probably even do a decent model if someone can texture it.   
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Need a Brakiri missile model
Texturing is exactly the problem I face too  :)  Do you need it right away? If it can wait until March, I can do it.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:11:34 pm by user42012 »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well I really don't have a concept for it either.  I know it needs to be small at around 1.4m length and no bigger then .13 radius.  It's more of a rocket then a missile with no fins or only small ones that would be a pop out at launch type so they could go beyond the 1.3 radius.  Thruster cone is optional it's small enough a glow would work well enough and I don't even know if there are effects for thruster cones in TBP.  Brikiri seem to use a lot of green with some yellow patches and occasional red stripes around the yellow.  Something like a bazooka round with a red tip and yellow stripes around it near the rear fins might work nicely. 

And yes I converted the Diaspora missiles.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Texturing is exactly the problem I face too  :)  Do you need it right away? If it can wait until March, I can do it.

Of course it could always wait.  I'm doing lods and fixing other issues with all the weapon models right now so it would be nice to get that one fixed as well.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Looks like I'm going to need an additional texture for this.  Just found out 2 child weapons for other weapons are missing as well.  As they are very short lived and not really seen the additional texture can be very plain and low res.  Just a plain light gray with maybe a bit of dirt would work. 

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:07:30 pm by user42012 »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
There are values for the model size for making tech models in info.txt if that still exists but you have to use pcs2 2.03 collada.  Can't get it to work at all with any 2.1 version. 

As for the model it looks like it will work just fine.  The only things I would change are making the cylinder on the back the same green as the body instead of gray and then moving the yellow stripe to the back of the big cylinder.  Brakiri seem to like putting yellow toward the back of things.  The only other thing is checking the green color with the existing Brakiri ships.  I'll attach a ship texture since screen shots can look different from machine to machine. 

As for the other texture that grey you have on the back section would do fine with some random dirt.  A small texture of that (something like 64x64 would probably do).  You know how the inferno works in FS2?  Those bomblets that appear when you press fire a second time and explode a split second later?  That's what the alternate texture version is for.  Probably use a lod of this missile with the grey texture for those.  So nothing fancy at all.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:08:15 pm by user42012 »

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:09:11 pm by user42012 »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
There was a data\info directory on svn.

Missile looks great. 

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:10:02 pm by user42012 »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Can you upload it somewhere or email it to me.  Don't have access to diaspora anymore.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:10:44 pm by user42012 »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Not entirely sure.  I know some have multiple points with different normals so they look better from all angles. 

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Or you could make the geometry actually look in some way Brakiri?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline wesp5

Or you could make the geometry actually look in some way Brakiri?

Did we ever see the Brakiri fire missiles on the show? Or much of the other races at all?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
No but it is possible to use a combination of imagination and existing design cues (see Falkosi and Avioki). Then you might end up with something that looks vaguely Brakiri in design. What we have instead is an unimaginative brick-like design which looks like something the EA might churn out. But with a Brakiri texture. The Brakiri would create something far more inventive and fun.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline wesp5

The Brakiri would create something far more inventive and fun.

At least something looking more organic. But then can one actually notice how a missile looks in the game? They are so fast...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You can certainly notice them in the tech room or lab.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]