Author Topic: Release of my TBP files  (Read 4613 times)

Release of my TBP files
Hi all,

I'm dumping my collection of work related files for TBP from many years ago.  I honestly can't remember what is there which was never released.  There many be a collection of background images suitable for implementation, in a folder called Current Work, and also there's a good set of the original modding tools that may have been lost to the passage of time that might be useful to someone.  Beyond that you can just look for the sake of nostalgia and curiosity.  The file won't be ready to download until midday UK time 31 Dec (2.7Gb)

When it's ready you can download it here, I will keep it available for a few months but it won't be available indefinitely. 

Best wishes to all working on this mod and a happy new year :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9159346/The%20Babylon%20Project.rar

- cptwhite

The Babylon Project 2D Art / Texturing / Model Setup / Experimentation and Implementation

NEWBIE'S GUIDE TO THE VBB:

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Re: Release of my TBP files
Whoa, now this is what people call a blast from the past I guess. Good to see you're still alive and kickin' CptWhite. :)

Hi Mr Fury,

I'm well thanks, myself Blacksheep Skullar IPAndrews and Tomcat have managed to keep in contact via facebook for occasional messages, drop me a PM if you'd like me to add yourself!

The Babylon Project 2D Art / Texturing / Model Setup / Experimentation and Implementation

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
What about using this stuff in standard Freespace 2 mod? Can we use them wherever we want, or do you wish to keep them exclusive to TBP mods and campaigns?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
What about using this stuff in standard Freespace 2 mod? Can we use them wherever we want, or do you wish to keep them exclusive to TBP mods and campaigns?

That would indeed be an interesting question. Considering that TBP activity has dropped considerably, your permission to release this to all of the HLP would be greatly appreciated.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

I'm more than happy for anyone to use it - feel free.  Don't go expecting a massive treasure trove of goodies most of it I suspect is for deleting!

I've had an e-mail from Dropbox telling me my public link has been suspended, just how many of you downloaded this?!  I've re-uploaded into a private folder the new link is below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbk9g5c9itatfhf/The%20Babylon%20Project.rar

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Well... I have 404 on first and 509 on the second :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

No worries I'll upoad it to Mega and come back again!

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline Slasher

Aw, missed you by a whole two weeks.  Nice to see hear from you anyway, CptWhite.