Author Topic: Forcing ships to use non-compatible weapons?  (Read 975 times)

Forcing ships to use non-compatible weapons?
I want to have a couple minor alien species in my campaign. I'm planning to use Blue Planet's civilian and possibly Vishnan ships for this purpose. I have some specific ideas regarding weapons to give them a more unique feel -- primarily Gattlers for the civ ships (since they already have such a modern feel) and exclusively dumbfire missiles for the Vishnan craft. However, civ ships (the Scimitar, at least) seem to be incompatible with the Gattler. I can force them to use it with scramble/red alert, but then the Gattler just has no ammo and can't fire.

Any way to resolve this, or will I have to edit the tables?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Forcing ships to use non-compatible weapons?
Any way to resolve this, or will I have to edit the tables?

If the weapon is a ballistic weapon, the ships probably have no primary weapon ammo capacity in their tables (or its set to 0); with non-ballistic weapons this is a non-issue because they work of the weapons energy.

If they had the capacity you could use the "set-primary-weapon" and "set-pimary-ammo" SEXPs (or their secondary counterparts) to achieve what you are looking for, I think. However the "-ammo" SEXP only go to the ammo capacity in the tables and can't overwrite that.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."