Author Topic: Funded KS project: 8200dpi mouse with joystick in shell & another in thumbstick  (Read 2814 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Funded KS project: 8200dpi mouse with joystick in shell & another in thumbstick
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/665701421/the-most-accurate-and-versatile-gaming-mouse-ever

EDIT: currently sitting at $426K and 6 days left, here's the stretch goals (unlocked upgraded microcontroller, so that's really nice):
Of course, unlocking BOGO would be awesome.  :nod:

More clips:

Hidden Text: Show

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:02:01 am by jr2 »

Re: Funded KS project: 8200dpi mouse with joystick in shell & another in thumbstick
This seems decadent.

Re: Funded KS project: 8200dpi mouse with joystick in shell & another in thumbstick
What's this and why should I care ?

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Top compatible games: Minecraft

:\

Okay, but seriously, this feels overblown to hell.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

why does this idea keep coming back
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Because motion controls keep failing?  :D

Sometimes I think that kind of mouse is designed by someone severely averse to motion of anything but their hands. There is a case for something like it for people with actual limited mobility in their arms; but as a mass market project this seems overdesigned.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
why does this idea keep coming back

That's not trying anywhere near hard enough.

Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Basically combines the best aspects of controllers and mice.  I snagged one.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Honestly, the joystick built into the base seems the worst possible idea. If you've ever used a "3D Mouse" before, you'll be well aware how difficult controlling so many degrees of freedom with just your wrist is.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Mikes

This is the new Star Citizen Controller, right? So you can mouse aim and steer with stick! :P

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Honestly, the joystick built into the base seems the worst possible idea. If you've ever used a "3D Mouse" before, you'll be well aware how difficult controlling so many degrees of freedom with just your wrist is.

If I wasn't clear; you also have regular mouse functionality (dragging), as well as the 2 joystick axis. 

EDIT: updated OP, have now unlocked upgraded microcontrollers, also, a picture is worth a thousand words:

More clips:

Hidden Text: Show

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:02:22 am by jr2 »

If I wasn't clear; you also have regular mouse functionality (dragging), as well as the 2 joystick axis. 

that's exactly what qaz is trying to explain to you, you're trying to control 4 different degrees of freedom (mouse drag axes+joystick axes) with your wrist alone which does not sound easy oh why am i bothering i'd be as well trying to explain this to a wall
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

that's exactly what qaz is trying to explain to you, you're trying to control 4 different degrees of freedom (mouse drag axes+joystick axes) with your wrist alone which does not sound easy oh why am i bothering i'd be as well trying to explain this to a wall

I understood most of that.  Mind explaining the last run-on sentence there?  Didn't quite catch what that one was about.  :yes: