Author Topic: The Computer PSA Thread  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
The Computer PSA Thread
Recently, I bought a $140 refurbished 2007 Macbook.  It worked reasonably well, goes up to El Capitan, and does what I need it to do.  The worst complaint I have is that it can't run FSO, and it is really my only computer right now.

About a month ago it started freezing, and I was pretty unhappy.  It seemed to happen whenever I moved the computer.  When using a laptop, that is extremely annoying.  But being a teacher, and having basically no free time, I had to just deal with it until today.  Today I bought some computer screwdrivers and one of those pressurized air cans that is supposed to blow dust out of your computer, I used them and tada!  It works again!  I am so happy. ;)  :D :nod: ;7

I guess they never cleaned the dust when they refurbished it. :blah:

TL:DR, In any case, just wanted to post a quick PSA, telling/reminding everyone to get the dust out of their computer from time to time, (even though most of you probably already do).  Your computer will thank you.

Offline Snarks

Re: The Computer PSA Thread
A few months ago, I took my 6 year old computer case outside. Took all the panels off, then used a small handheld leafblower to remove years worth of dust.