Author Topic: Sound not working on USB Headphones  (Read 1242 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Sound not working on USB Headphones
I am trying to play Freespace 2 on my SADES SA902 USB 7.1 Channel Virtual Stereo Surround Sound Gaming Headset, but i cannot get any sound on the game, when i launch the game with wxLauncher 0.10.1 beta i select my headset in the basic settings, but get no game sound. I haven't had this issue with any other game. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline m!m

Re: Sound not working on USB Headphones
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post. That contains some information on what sound device FSO uses.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
ok here it is

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline m!m

FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.7.4.20160704
You should update to FSO 3.8.

While you are doing that, you should also update your wxLauncher version to make sure it works correctly with the newer FSO version. The newest version is linked in the 3.8 release thread.

btw delete this:
Code: [Select]
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\INF_SOCVas.vp' ... 202 filesIt shouldn't be there.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I have to have my headset plugged in before opening wxLauncher for it to be detected, but it sound like maybe you are doing that so this may not help,
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.