Author Topic: Missing pilots  (Read 1456 times)

Hi folks, just an oddity but I'd like an answer so I can back up my pilot data. Shifting from 3.7.4. to 3.8.0, in the former I can see the pilots I created for older mods. Playing through Freespace Blue however, I can't find any of my pilot data for 3.8.0 (RC4). I can play the campaigns, but the files themself just don't exist in the freespace/data/player directory where they should. So I have no idea how to back up that data. Did the file format change or something?

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
With 3.8.0 there are in %appdata%/HardLightProductions/FreeSpaceOpen by default. So if you copy your pilots from your FS2 folder to it, they will appear again.

Or you use Portable mode which keep the old save behavior in the game folder.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

I figured it was something like a different location, thanks. Portable mode? I'm not seeing anything the Wxlauncher help files about that.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Portable mode? I'm not seeing anything the Wxlauncher help files about that.

Portable Mode is a flag you can activate.

You can find it in the Advanced Settings in the "Launcher" category.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.