Author Topic: RELEASE: Eyebleach  (Read 3019 times)

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
EYEBLEACH™ - SECOND BATTLE FOR DENEB

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

• Asteroth
  • Strygon

For suffering through my missions in early development and their fabtabulous feedback.

AND FOR ASSETS:

Betrayal/Nyx/Nyctaeus

For his unwilling contribution to the mission backgrounds.

Release:

Manual Links - If you're a peasant!
Core Files (Mod.ini not included - Readme Below) [1][2][3]

README PEASANT
Hidden Text: Show
Step 1: Make a Folder in your Freespace 2 Directory and name it Eyebleach
Step 2: Throw the eyebleach.vp file into the folder you've just created
Step 3: Make a mod.ini file and copy/paste the following text into it
Code: [Select]
[launcher]
modname      = Eyebleach
image255x112 = ;
infotext     = Join the GVD Memphis and GTD Aeneas as they fight against an overwhelming NTF offensive.
[multimod]
primarylist = ;
secondarylist = MediaVPs_2014;
Step 3a: Change MediaVPs_2014 to whatever MediaVPs you presently have and save the mod.ini file.
Step 4: Open up your launcher of choice and enable Eyebleach in the launcher.
Step 5: Run Freespace 2 Open
Step 6: Enjoy!

"Mr Shivan Sir, what's Eyebleach?"

Well little Susan, Eyebleach is a campaign set during the Second Battle for Deneb where Bosch did his thing, but we don't follow Bosch's story.

FEATURES
  • You Fly
  • You Shoot
  • You Score!
  • A better love story than Shattered Stars!

REQUIREMENTS
Oh right, I should probably mention:
  • Release Build 3.8.0 or Latest Nightly
  • Media VPs 3.8.0
  • No Will to Live
  • Resentment of Mankind
  • A signed affidavit relinquishing me of any responsibility or wrongdoing.

DISCLAIMER
Eyebleach™ may cause permanent Blindness, Chronic Space Gay Syndrome (SGS),  Terranphobia, Religious Fanaticism towards a certain species bent on destruction, Nausea, Hallucinations, or Death. Do not consume Eyebleach™, else you're mom is gay. Administer only as directed.

SCREENSHOTS

EDIT: Forgot to give credit where credit is due.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:35:04 pm by NeonShivan »
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.
I've only played the first mission, but I like what I see so far. Simple, but fun.
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Good thing. Nothing much to say. A short, solid, classic mini-campaign.
Spoiler:
I liked the M03 the most. Little BoE with well-positioned and active ship maneuvers. Duel of Jacobus and Aeneas was good too. Nemesis syndrome? Why not! I wonder what's the story of XO of Jacobus and Aeneas, because they obviously have some common past.

And I have my small cameo. I've become a supply depot ^^
Your FREDing skills clearly improved since DW. Keep up good work :yes:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 12:50:05 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline NeonShivan

I'm glad you've enjoyed your supplement of Eyebleach. Remember to take only as directed, else ur mom gay!
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Good, and straight to the point, and could pass as a regular FS2 loop. A much needed reminder that a mod doesn't need to have everything and the kitchen sink in order to work.

I played this.  I liked it!  Nice polish all around, and the missions made me think about how to beat them.  Took a few tries on the last two missions!  I falling to alpha 1 syndrome and trying to do everything myself.  Fury AI has been out for years, but I'm still used to thinking my wingmen are going to be useless.  Using my fellow pilots to good advantage and rapid prioritization of new resources as they became available was definitely key.

Nicely done.  But my eyes sting a little now!  :p
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Woah, hey there. Recently played through this small chunk of satisfaction, and I'm happy I did so. While missions are rather simple, the skybox mixed with all these FSU models makes for a real visual delight. Well, this is Eyebleach, after all. :D

The missions are simple, yet solid - nothing breaks and there aren't any issues that I can seriously speak of. Also, these are really easy, to be honest, and I don't really have a problem with that - it's been a really relaxing experience.

The things I can scold you over is that a) you've got a tendency of getting commas and other interpunction in briefings in the color tags together with ship and organisation names, and b) you could use someone to read through your texts and messages and pick out grammar errors, because there are several of these around.

Also, per-mission criticism:
M1:
Command briefing, stage 1: "Neo-Terran Front s 4th Fleet"
Command briefing, stage 6: "State in the art" State of the art, man.
Briefing, stage 2: "Command is commited to the evacuation civilian population"
Initially, Leo is at the exact opposite side of the battlefield in relation to Cancer, but is set to protect the Hercs. Kinda strange, but k.
This is a rather simple but challenging mission. The second section of it needs you to send your wingmen to deal with one bomber wing and get the fighters' attention while you yourself deal with the other bomber wing, and you need to do that fast. The third section is actually quite easy because the corvette's flak solves most problems right away.

M2:
Briefing, stage 2: "The destroyers X and Y stationed nearby." You need to make that sentence flow better with the previous one. Also, a typo in "Corsica" in the last sentence.
Briefing, stage 3: "... three prong offense" Three pronged offense.
A nice mission, but I'm afraid it might be self-completing. From what I saw, it's possible to just order everyone to protect the one cruiser and then just time compress until the mission is done (occasionally swatting some fighter that decided to attack you).

M3:
Nocturnal doesn't actually get hit with that beam. Did you mean "That beam nearly cut us in half before"?
Also, this mission is made uneccesarily hard thanks to being stuck in a heavy bomber that isn't really fit for the job of getting in fast, hitting an important target and then getting out alive. On the other hand, that action wasn't taken into consideration at the time of weapon selection, so maybe it should stay like that.
I've also looked into the possibility of disabling the destroyer and well, looks like the Citadel is actually very well positioned since it stops covering the engine section just a moment before everyone jumps out - nearly not enough time to hit the subsystem effectively.

M4:
Oh God, please make the dialogue go slower. Also, at some places it tends to get a little... Clunky. Something is off with the timing if you ask me.
Also, Maxim makes this mission laughably easy - you can immediately roflstomp the enemy cruiser and then just pick off any beams you can from a safe distance.

So, in my opinion, this is a pleasant, short campaign that should take you about an hour or so.
If you read this, please consider playing it - it's really solid.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline NeonShivan

Changelog Version 1.1.2
The one with pretty ships.

Mission Content Changes

m01
*Changed the NTC Skoll to have NTF colors

m02
*Changed the NTC Supremacy, NTC Hailstorm, NTCv Mombasa and NTCv Pax Terra to have NTF colors

m03
*Changed the NTCv Victoria, NTD Satsuma and NTCv Lindholm to have NTF colors

m04
*Changed the NTD Jacobus and its doppelganger to have NTF Colors
*Changed the NTC Hengst to have NTF Colors

Ever since Nyctaeus released his NTF reskin of common NTF used warships I thought to myself, "Man, I should really update Eyebleach to have those colors." So I did. Enjoy.

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh