Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 908386 times)

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
Spoiler:
I like how you actually had an event and debriefing for actually destroying the Carthage! Mr Cuddles was definitely challenging! (Not really, I cheated after I beat the campaign) Someone actually manage to destroy the Carthage and beat Mr Cuddles without cheating! There's a damn challenge!
This is my only contribution to FSSCP

These mods are made from natural code that we pump in from retail. If you tried to run one, it would be like standing outside with nostalgia and pure awesome shining on your face. It would also set your computer on fire, so don't actually do it.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Oh, finally.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Kolgena

Oh my f***. Blue planet massive battle. 2 fps.

Btw, I noticed in detail settings I had certain categories with a setting of 0 dots and 1 green gloved pointing hand. I'm assuming this means custom settings. I have no idea how to restore them, since I accidentally overwrote them with standard "dots" settings.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
The Darkest Hour
Spoiler:
“I'm sorry Admiral, we did our best, but the Feds are putting up a fiercer fight than we expected. Drink one to us when you take Ea-” The video feed cuts out in a burst of static, and the bridge lapses into silence, broken only by a Comm officer who clears his throat nervously before breaking the hush.

“Omega code received, Admiral. We lost the Valerie.”

The tall man remains standing, staring at the blank screen on his console, his blue eyes unfathomable and hard beneath his steel grey hair as he absently nods an acknowledgement at the officer.

With a sudden jerk, he turns his head towards the Helm, “Helm, prepare to execute a jump to Rheza station's orbital slot, maybe we can turn the tide there.”

“Aye Aye sir,” the Sailing Master replies, preparing to execute the subspace jump with a professional ease complimented by a feverish intensity, a desire not to let down this implacable officer, more like a force of nature than a flag officer of the GTVA.

Admiral Steele glances at his plot again, a small, grim smile touching his lips.

Just something I wrote whilst eating my lunch, I haven't really checked it over all that much, so there are no doubt grammatical errors all over the place.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Minor note: Steele is actually a bald black leader guy. At least in our minds.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Samuel L. Jackson? ;)

Or maybe Morgan Freeman?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Darius and Blue Planet Team, may I offer my congratulations for this stunning masterpiece you have created. Masterpiece is prehaps the best word I can use to describe War In Heaven Part 1. :yes:

I swear I shed a tear at the end when.....well, you know what happened, it was soooo sad!. And another when the closing piece of music started to kick in.

Already looking forward to part 2. Can't wait!  :p
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

Ah well, that's how I pictured him. Asian-Caucasian parentage, perhaps. Though a Bald black guy would also work.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Then there is the poorly constructed mission around Saturn, i had to restart that numerous times because there is no way i could shoot the beams down with general rank fighters attacking my craft. btw, the difficulty level was set on very easy so that tells you how overpowered that is, but the important thing is i got as far as i could to destroying the target and before the retreat, of course the ships you have to protect is always destroyed because of those beams from that other ship. before that it was a levy hitting one of your ships during it's jump taking both ships out stating i could of prevented it which was total BS.

sounds like my bug is popping up elsewhere :/

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
That's one thing I noticed in WiH, little to no description on what characters look like. I only recall reading that simms has blond hair. But that's about it.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, we wanted to supply pictures with the intel entries, but they're not done yet.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Here's a thing - will we ever see the "First Battle of Neptune" single mission? Be nice to play the GTVA, even if just for a single mission.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I guess we will. I think Dilmah just has to go through it once more to make sure it works with the modpack as it is right now.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I guess we will. I think Dilmah just has to go through it once more to make sure it works with the modpack as it is right now.

Yayifications!

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The Darkest Hour
Spoiler:
“I'm sorry Admiral, we did our best, but the Feds are putting up a fiercer fight than we expected. Drink one to us when you take Ea-” The video feed cuts out in a burst of static, and the bridge lapses into silence, broken only by a Comm officer who clears his throat nervously before breaking the hush.

The tall man remains standing, staring at the blank screen on his console, his blue eyes unfathomable and hard beneath his steel grey hair as he absently nods an acknowledgement at the officer.

With a sudden jerk, he turns his head towards the Helm, “Helm, prepare to execute a jump to Rheza station's orbital slot, maybe we can turn the tide there.”

“Aye Aye sir,” the Sailing Master replies, preparing to execute the subspace jump with a professional ease complimented by a feverish intensity, a desire not to let down this implacable officer, more like a force of nature than a flag officer of the GTVA.

Admiral Steele glances at his plot again, a small, grim smile touching his lips.

Just something I wrote whilst eating my lunch, I haven't really checked it over all that much, so there are no doubt grammatical errors all over the place.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Offline 23-down

Ok first I really wanna thank you for this amazing campaign or mod....

You guys are truly FS moddings best... I just played it through and every mission was really intence and hard!!!
Here and there I really had to use cheats for example in the mission where you started near an enemy flak frigate
To be forced to use cheats is pitty. Same situation like in 1 of the last missions with the Santanas in BP1.

The only things I could criticize here is the poor english.. I'm no native english speaker myself but I've found 100 of spelling errors - words on the wrong place (grammar issues maybe?) and that did it really hard for me to follow the entire story. I didn't had such problems with Blue Planet 1. Please recheck all briefings etc. For me many things seemed wrong. But maybe it's just me who's wrong. Maybe everything is just written in a strange english dialect I can't tell.

I also highly recommend to add voice acting inside the missions. Because I guess I just missed 75% of the radio signals.

A. They vanshied a lot to fast due to new signals.
B. During combat it's really hard to read and fight. I often had to press esc to read the more important things in peace.

Could someone tell me the exact story of this mod right here in spoilers? I really had big problems to unsterstand the plot. Normally I don't have such problems at all I can read english very good. But everything in this mod was really hard described like Oxford English. Or it was due to the fact that there were many issues like I said above. What is that with this Ubunto thing anyway? Space exploring people are some religious fanatics?

Another critical aspect:
Do you think that this campaign is realistic. (besides the fact that it is science fiction of course.)
I mean one Solar System against the entire GTVA and it's systems or at least the Terrans? Such a thing is unwinnable. Letting Earth Forces win the war in the following part2 of the campaign would be a disaster. Technically it's impossible. They lack in manpower, in ships, in supplies and most of the Sol fleets has allready been destroyed etc.

And like you mentioned it allready some models still require some work with their lods etc.. I have a high end computer , quad core good graphics card etc and yet it still lagged horrible sometimes. But I also had the advanced.vp enabled maybe without it.. It wouldn't have lagged not sure.

All in all it was still great playing it and I'm looking forward to play part2 when it's done.
Ps: I would love to see more of the ships we had in BP1. If I recall correct you didn't showed all of them in this campaign.

23-down
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:25:42 pm by 23-down »

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
The Darkest Hour
Spoiler:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Thanks Battuta :D

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter

You guys are truly FS moddings best... I just played it through and every mission was really intence and hard!!!
Here and there I really had to use cheats for example in the mission where you started near an enemy flak frigate
To be forced to use cheats is pitty. Same situation like in 1 of the last missions with the Santanas in BP1.

All missions are doable, even on insane, without using cheats.

The only things I could criticize here is the poor english.. I'm no native english speaker myself but I've found 100 of spelling errors - words on the wrong place (grammar issues maybe?) and that did it really hard for me to follow the entire story. I didn't had such problems with Blue Planet 1. Please recheck all briefings etc. For me many things seemed wrong. But maybe it's just me who's wrong. Maybe everything is just written in a strange english dialect I can't tell.

Could you elaborate on this with a few examples? Most of the team (including the head writers) are native speakers, and the rest of us has a pretty firm grasp of the english language (and failing that, our spell checkers), so any instance of these errors should be corrected.
Be aware, however, that we're using pilot slang quite heavily in a few places, and what may seem like an error can actually be intentional, just to emulate the way real combat pilots speak.

I also highly recommend to add voice acting inside the missions. Because I guess I just missed 75% of the radio signals.

A. They vanshied a lot to fast due to new signals.
B. During combat it's really hard to read and fight. I often had to press esc to read the more important things in peace.

We know. However, we were unwilling to delay the release for another year or so to get the voice acting done.

Could someone tell me the exact story of this mod right here in spoilers? I really had big problems to unsterstand the plot. Normally I don't have such problems at all I can read english very good. But everything in this mod was really hard described like Oxford English. Or it was due to the fact that there were many issues like I said above. What is that with this Ubunto thing anyway? Space exploring people are some religious fanatics?

There is a lot of backstory you probably missed found in the Techroom, I recommend you read that.

Another critical asspect:
Do you think that this campaign is realistic. (besides the fact that it is science fiction of course.)
I mean one Solar System against the entire GTVA and it's systems or at least the Terrans? Such a thing is unwinnable. Letting Earth Forces win the war in the following part2 of the campaign would be disaster. Technically it's impossible. They lack in manpower, in ships, in supplies and most of the Sol fleets has allready been destroyed etc.

In the BP universe, Earth and the colonies on Mars and Jupiter have about the same population as the entire GTVA combined. They also have the most extensive, most advanced infrastructure in known space. So yes, they do have a fighting chance.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Thank you!

The only things I could criticize here is the poor english.. I'm no native english speaker myself but I've found 100 of spelling errors - words on the wrong place (grammar issues maybe?)

Could you please pick them out? I think the problem may be that War in Heaven is written at a pretty high level. It's not very non-native-speaker friendly.

Another critical aspect:
I mean one Solar System against the entire GTVA and it's systems or at least the Terrans? Such a thing is unwinnable. Letting Earth Forces win the war in the following part2 of the campaign would be a disaster. Technically it's impossible. They lack in manpower, in ships, in supplies and most of the Sol fleets has allready been destroyed etc.

Actually, in FreeSpace Earth has a bigger industrial and population base than most (or all) of the rest of the human worlds combined. That doesn't necessarily translate into military success, though.

Offline 23-down

Allright then...

Then it's my poor understanding of english I suppose. It's still odd I never experienced such problems anywhere before.
However I really spotted some spelling issues here and there. I can't tell you right now where.. But in some briefings you mistyped words..

To give an unrelated example: The word "Birds" and you guys wrote "virbs".. Sometimes you mistyped letters twice in a word. Should I find these little issues again I will post them here.

I will check the Tech room right away.