Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 14666 times)

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Diablo 3 has a rather large fault in the way of the difficulty curve.

Normal: Completable by a small child.
Nightmare: Reasonably difficult, a decent enough challenge unless you abuse the Auction House (in which case you can breeze through it).
Hell: MUCH harder, will be too hard to finish without the use of the Auction House by the time you're in Act 3.  Some elite packs will kill you over, and over, and over.
Inferno: Dive-bombing straight off of the deep end into nigh-impossible territory.  The majority of elite packs are much harder than the boss fights, and some of them are statistically unkillable (perhaps due to bugs).  In Act 4, most players can die in 1 hit even with 70k+ HP.  Auction House (and I'm talking big money, like 500k per item minimum if you wanna be good) is mandatory past the Skeleton King.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
As stated, differences of opinion are all well and fine, but lets try and keep it civil please.

I refer you to Battuta's, and my own, posts regarding the line-by-line objective rather the subjective qualities of SC2's writing over in Wings of Liberty thread, particularly when it's possible to do objective comparison via time invested in various themes and similar things with SC1.

We're a little beyond differences of opinion in this case. There is quantifiable bad stuff in the wings.

There is however a huge difference in civility between saying someone is wrong and calling them a cancer simply because they happened to like something you didn't.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

too hard to finish without the use of the Auction House by the time you're in Act 3.
Auction House (and I'm talking big money, like 500k per item minimum if you wanna be good) is mandatory past the Skeleton King.
Begin countdown until somebody who has no idea how the auction house works shows up to imply this is an intentional design feature that is part of some nefarious conspiracy.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
As stated, differences of opinion are all well and fine, but lets try and keep it civil please.

I refer you to Battuta's, and my own, posts regarding the line-by-line objective rather the subjective qualities of SC2's writing over in Wings of Liberty thread, particularly when it's possible to do objective comparison via time invested in various themes and similar things with SC1.

We're a little beyond differences of opinion in this case. There is quantifiable bad stuff in the wings.

There is however a huge difference in civility between saying someone is wrong and calling them a cancer simply because they happened to like something you didn't.

At least he didn't call him a Virgo.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

And? I don't care about who is RIGHT or who is wrong. I'm saying, make your point in as polite a fashion as possible. Because looking like you are acting like a dick about pointing out when you feel or think somebody is 'WRONG ON TEH INTERNET' doesn't resolve the problem in a meaningful fashion.

Actually, let me just re-phrase that: I don't CARE. Warning issued by an Administrator. Have a nice day.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

At least he didn't call him a Virgo.

Someone born between the 23rd of August and the 22nd of September? The scoundrel...
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

most players can die in 1 hit even with 70k+ HP

Holy profanity-filter! Player hitpoints can raise that high or is it simply a raw unreduced damage-from-monster figure? Or else?

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
On inferno difficulty it is indeed possible for player HP to reach that high.  It is also possible for elite level creatures with certain ability combinations to one shot you.  It is deliberately this way, players can pretty well one shot anything anyway, so all this means is that the playing field is level.  This is after 3 playthroughs mind you.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
playing as barbarian on inferno is like there is quite a lot bosses since some simple packs can be quite deadly.
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Yes, I'm doing a bit of a necro but it seems safe to finally ask this now that everyone is done arguing (for now, although I may end up resurrecting the argument :nervous:).

My BattleTag is SpardaSon21#1542, and does anyone want to join me for gratuitous monster slaying?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I might, if I get my sister to convince me to buy it.

EDIT

Sooo, finally bought it and played it. My impressions :

- Haters gonna hate, I loved the new artistic direction.

- Enjoyed the story, especially the twist at the end of Act III, while I was excepting something like that, I didn't quite expected it to turn out like it did.

- Very much liked the character building with the followers (I only played solo for now), nice addition compared to the storytelling of the previous titles.

- The gameplay is both faithful enough to the Diablo spirit and modern enough compared to older titles. If you don't like spending the game just clicking (I'm looking at you Spoon), what the **** are you even doing in that thread to being with :p

- Difficulty : Normal, as mentioned on top of page, is retardedly easy, which isn't surprising those days. From what I heard though, the other difficulties become very quickly quite a challenge. Will see when I get there.

All in all, already being a Diablo fan, I didn't regret the sixty bucks I sent that way.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:37:48 am by MatthTheGeek »
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
To be honest, I did manage to complete the game (not that this is difficult on Normal difficulty), but it suffers from Bioshock syndrome. Now I know the story, I really have no vested interest in playing the whole thing again just to get shinier weapons, especially when those weapons are statistically no better when you take the difficulty into account...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
If you don't like spending the game just clicking (I'm looking at you Spoon), what the **** are you even doing in that thread to being with :p
And here I thought you hated click-spam too. :p

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I hate weapons that make you click spam in ME3 because it is not Diablo. This is. So it's all good.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras