Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

Darkest Hour seriusly wth

<< < (2/3) > >>

ShivanSpS:

--- Quote from: General Battuta on March 17, 2018, 06:54:46 pm ---Are you running the latest version of BP, not SCP? Up to date from Knossos or the installer?

--- End quote ---

Up to date from the installer, the Artemisia mission(not sure if i wrote that well) has a similar issue, whiout checkpoint its WAY too hard, and im talking about Medium, i cant imagige doing this on hard or insane.

And the reason of this is that the checkpoint is TOO GOOD, there is only 1 remaining remaining Serker corvette at very low hull that will jump out as soon as you drops it below 30%, this means, by the time the Diomedes jumps in, all ships in the are will start sending torpedos, this creates a distraction for AAA and point defense turrets that makes strikesa lot easier. Whiout checkpoint at most i can get 1 corvette to jump, 1, no chance to get rid of the other two, this means all allied ships will be keep shooting at them and not at the Diomedes.

For the Diomedes, whiout checkpoint, the same issue as before, use fighters as meat shield at the same moment i can get in with paveways, this way saturation strike and gunships can kill it. But at least i can do this because i have Paveways. I expended two and a half hours until i finally did it. You have to time everything right, and there is one chance to get it right. I dont know if this is intended, im a veteran player i can take the challenge, but seems a little to much to me. Specially considering the mission COUNTINUES after that, getting killed attacking the awacs after that will result in several insults.

General Battuta:
No, these aren’t supposed to be exceptionally hard sequences. I wonder if something changed in 3.8.

hardcorecrush:
IMO Darkest Hour is the hardest mission during act 1 of the campaign, mostly due to it not being enough to fly well yourself, but you also need to keep track of your wingmates.
During the preparation, switch your Maul to slot 1 of your ship to utilize the 3 gun mounts for more DPS. Fit 2 banks of Dirks and 1 bank of Hellfires. Then throw a bank of Dirks on each of your wingmen.

As you jump in, order your rookies to destroy the starboard rear beam on the Deimos, while you destroy the starboard AAA beam (a few Dirk salvos should do the trick).
Then set your wingmen on the Artemis bombers, while you swing around to destroy the Deimos' 2 bow and port rear beams (which should reduce the beam count to 0).
After the Artemis are dealt with mop up as many fighters as possible, keep an eye out for another wing of Artemis jumping in close to the Vatican.
Now the Trebuchet strike will jump in, set all wingmen to guard the Vatican, another wing of Artemis will jump in, after this wing is splashed send your wing to deal with the Trebuchet strike while you rearm.

If you were fast in dealing with the Deimos, the Vatican should have around 35-40% HP

As the two wings of Boanerges jump in, notice which way the Rheza fighters (and Brie) go, and send your wingmen with them. Fly towards the other wing yourself, and assign Gamma to cover you when they arrive. (Here the Hellfires come in handy)
As Delta finally launches, you can either send them to guard the Vatican, or to attack the AWACS.
At this point you should have killed your Boanerges wing, and move back to Rheza and focus on intercepting bombs, and send Gamma to help with the AWACS.

Now we wait for the Valerie, order your wingmen to form on you and rearm.
The Valerie will jump and we wait, it launches bombers and we wait.
Once the bombers are 800-1000m away from the Valerie move in to kill them, then pull back and we wait.
The Indus then jumps in and unleashes a salvo of torpedos, and we wait.
As the second wave of torpedoes are closing in, move in with everything to disable the starboard beams on the Valerie, your Dirks should do around 5% beam damage per salvo so keep firing, while the Indus' torpedos draw most of their CIWS fire, if you start taking AAA beam damage or get within 500m, break off.
Do this for both beams. Then break off towards the Indus and try and kill the engines of the Valerie to prevent it's roll, if you succeed the fight should be over. If not, hide by the Indus and fire dirks at the port beams, if you kill one, the Indus should win the DPS race.

This should result in pretty consistent results, most my deaths are caused by staying too close to the Valerie too long, which can be very unhealthy for a Uhlan.

Homura:
One important note: If you order all ships (C 3) to disable a certain subsystem, the Indus will stop firering on the Valerie. If that happens, order all ships to destroy the Valerie or the mission is lost.

xenocartographer:
Is that the old "protect on cripple" thing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version