Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 597767 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Derek Smart might be taking legal action over Star Citizen
How come no one asked that twat if he was also involved in game development?

Obviously he is, he is a Star Citizen backer and faithful follower of everything CIG produces. That makes him practically into a developer himself!
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
It's the best defense ****izens have. It's their turtleshell to crawl into if feeling threatend. "You bring up legitimate concerns regarding the pisspoor state of the project? YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW A PROJECT OF THIS SIZE IS BEING DEVELOPED" Boom

Of course, in truth its actually

CIG won't implode, it will go out with sad 'pfffrt' of a barely inflated fart cushion.
I am afraid of this too... It makes me sad because I'll get endlessly more entertainment out of my 24 euro if this all just explodes spectacularly. I want to be like this when it all ends

I think that the last thing a reasonable person may advise others to do is follow the footsteps of that guy, especially if they only invested 24 bucks in the game. And that's the ****ing point why the CIG gave this guy so much crap to begin with. They don't care. "****storm" you say? ****, this was a total advertised warning to anyone who is even considering getting their money back: "unless you get a lawyer and the feds on our ass, and be willing to suffer constant **** from our beloved fans, you won't get your 20 bucks back, you silly".

This **** is still playing into their hands. For anything remotely interesting to occur - by which I can only mean total implosion of the project - a critical mass of bull**** will have to go through all of these silly fanboys' deflector shields until it reaches what passes for their comical brains. And not only it has to reach this terrain, everyone of them have to realise all others are feeling that **** stinking inside their brains as well, which is why totalitarian control of the community and information is so central to these assholes' day to day lives.

"Ah but we are so transparent, we give so much of what we know! We make weekly podcasts!!", yeah. You know who else makes weekly podcasts to their paying fans? Every ****ing church out there.
This is true. I mean, this exactly the kind of bull**** why I am not going to bother trying to get my 24 euro back. Because it seems like waaaay too much of a time and energy investement for a small payoff. So mission succesful for them, only the people brimming with determination are going to get any money back.

Landing succesf

Also has anyone said yet how incredible ****ing awful the lod pop in in this game is? It's really bad.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Luis Dias

u guise don't understand squat bout programmin', especially you dhreee. Squa't! [hic]

... Am I the only one in this thread who did not back this project?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Apparently?

Offline Luis Dias

Nah, I was able to smell the fart waaaay before I could even entertain the notion of giving them any green.

Typical hesitation stemming from my lack of character helped building enough time to make the right call.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I really liked (still like, but with a bit of nostaliga goggles to them) wingcommander 3 4 and 5 so when I saw the initial trailer I was totally buying into the hype.

Little did I know back then what kind of person Chris roberts actually turned out to be.
And what I backed was a wingcommander style single game. All the promised mmo poopoo was not really on my radar.

My faith in the project started to waver when I first touched arena commander and noticed how unfun the game was to play and how poor everything was. But then, the 'it's but a pre-alpha' defense still held some water...
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Kszyhu

I didn't, though I've had some experience with few free-fly weeks, which tells me I have made a good decision. How could I buy SC, when the part of it is a single-player game with a story by Chris Roberts, after I have seen the Wing Commander movie?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Has it been mentioned yet how starcitizen community manager Ben lesnick (or perhaps better known as banditloaf from the wingcommander forums, the guy that seemed to be on some kind of anti freespace 2 crusade) is in the hospital with Sepsis?
Seems like an honest chance he might die from it. Considering his massive obesity, sepsis seems like the kind of nasty disease he might not recover from.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:11:04 am by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
As much as I dislike the guy for his incompetence, that ****ing sucks.

I know I don't really get into much conversation on this forum. But I noticed that people have a rather low opinion on Ben Lesnick? He seemed like a cool guy on the Wing Commander forums. Is there any reason why?

Also thanks Spoon. I didn't know BanditLOAF was Lesnick until then.  But that really sucks with the Sepsis and all.

I wasn’t a huge Freespace fan in general. I liked what they did with getting the scale of ships right, but I thought their story and immersion paled compared to Wing Commander... and to me they felt like the also-ran to Wing Commander Prophecy and Starlancer which had really unique worlds built around them.

Well, he's telling the same people to go **** themselves who I've always sincerely believed should go **** themselves... but somehow, the entire concept is too cruel for even me to embrace. With that in mind, I have penned...

An Open Letter to the Freespace Community

Dear Freespace Jerks,
I know we've had our differences. Like all the times we've made fun of the big capships guy, or the times we've called your game a soulless Prophecy ripoff. Or even the times we photographed ourselves ripping apart copies of Freespace 2 with our bare teeth... but I'm not here to make fun of Freespace today.

Sure, your game killed any interest in space sims and in so doing killed a lot of viable Wing Commander products. We'll never play Strike Team or Shadow Force or Privateer Online, partially because of Freespace. I really hate you for that; I probably always will.

And sure, in my heart of hearts I've wanted to see you suffer the same fate in some fashion. I've thought and dreamed about that for a long time. Heck, when the news about Fallout 3 came out I hoped someone would buy the Descent license and start churning out generic budget clones.

So let me say this - never, ever, in my most sadistic revenge fantasies could I have ever wished a fate such as Dr. Derek Smart upon you. As a key figure in the varied fan conflicts and as an accepted representative of the Wing Commander community as a whole let me say: I am truly, truly sorry for what has happened.

-Ben Lesnick

Yeah, wonder why people have a rather low opinion of him.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:30:12 am by FrikgFeek »
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
As much as I dislike the guy for his incompetence, that ****ing sucks.
Agreed. I think he's a big stupid oaf who fostered a really toxic community, but this is the kind of **** you don't wish on people.

I know I don't really get into much conversation on this forum. But I noticed that people have a rather low opinion on Ben Lesnick? He seemed like a cool guy on the Wing Commander forums. Is there any reason why?
Apparantly he had a history of saying some really weird and questionable things on the internet:

Quote from: Ben Lesnick's Personal Webpage posted:
    No, but If I was going to surprise sex 12 year old girls I'd get a vasectomy... but I'm not so I won't so there. #14547
    I surprise sex all kinds of stuff. Lets watch Friends. #20285
    You know what I don't get? People who keep complaining that we're killing Iraqi children. These people have clearly never met a foreigner before. #21156
    A black guy who can't find crack? I think not. I really shouldn't be letting my nine year old cousin watch this. #21603
    The Jeffersons moved on up. They were pretty black. #15029
    You know what they don't have here in college? Black people. #18464
    There are absolutely no black people here. #18465
    Poor Old friend of the family Thinks It's A Cadillac. #17627
    I would have been back earlier, but I got jewed in CounterStrike, friend of the family. #21860
    Huzzah, downloaded the first episode of Pokemon Advanced Generation. Hehe, this is so great. May is pretty hot for a ten year old. #21520
    Jewish people don't drive busses. They run gold ring making companies and holocaust museums and delis. #19627
    Japan invented getting a nuclear bomb dropped on themselves. #20863
    I wish they'd invent a way to trade between the original Pokemons and the GBA Pokemons. You'd think that Japan, the country that invented getting attacked with nuclear bombs, would be smart enough to figure that out. #21582
    But I always assumed that if I wanted to kill people, I could at least get a classroom worth. #18017
    There are lots of mature 15 year olds... Well, he's *MORE* mature then he used to be. #5435
    Wow, Hades, do you try to pursue homosexual relations with children age 8-13 too? #7673
I unforunately cannot immediately produce the link to this webpage, but I've seen goons bounce it around a few times. I have no idea how much any of this is true though! Take it with a grain of salt.

Also thanks Spoon. I didn't know BanditLOAF was Lesnick until then.  But that really sucks with the Sepsis and all.
Yeah, I was suprised when I learned that he was. And then instantly lost whatever little respect I had left for the guy when I saw:

Meanwhile in the 'verse
The local physics grids appear to be working fantastically.

Urutorahappī!!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
FrikgFeek how dare you ninja me!
Urutorahappī!!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Quote from: Ben Lesnick's Personal Webpage posted:
    No, but If I was going to surprise sex 12 year old girls I'd get a vasectomy... but I'm not so I won't so there. #14547
    I surprise sex all kinds of stuff. Lets watch Friends. #20285
    You know what I don't get? People who keep complaining that we're killing Iraqi children. These people have clearly never met a foreigner before. #21156
    A black guy who can't find crack? I think not. I really shouldn't be letting my nine year old cousin watch this. #21603
    The Jeffersons moved on up. They were pretty black. #15029
    You know what they don't have here in college? Black people. #18464
    There are absolutely no black people here. #18465
    Poor Old friend of the family Thinks It's A Cadillac. #17627
    I would have been back earlier, but I got jewed in CounterStrike, friend of the family. #21860
    Huzzah, downloaded the first episode of Pokemon Advanced Generation. Hehe, this is so great. May is pretty hot for a ten year old. #21520
    Jewish people don't drive busses. They run gold ring making companies and holocaust museums and delis. #19627
    Japan invented getting a nuclear bomb dropped on themselves. #20863
    I wish they'd invent a way to trade between the original Pokemons and the GBA Pokemons. You'd think that Japan, the country that invented getting attacked with nuclear bombs, would be smart enough to figure that out. #21582
    But I always assumed that if I wanted to kill people, I could at least get a classroom worth. #18017
    There are lots of mature 15 year olds... Well, he's *MORE* mature then he used to be. #5435
    Wow, Hades, do you try to pursue homosexual relations with children age 8-13 too? #7673
I unforunately cannot immediately produce the link to this webpage, but I've seen goons bounce it around a few times. I have no idea how much any of this is true though! Take it with a grain of salt.

He was claiming it was all jokes, but all that tells me is that he had (has?) a really bad sense of humour.

It also doesn't explain his stalkerish obsession with a local news reporter documented on said site (or at least, it was documented when the goons found it)

Err... He seems like a nice person. But I will have to admit I found two of those jokes funny, but most of them were pretty bad. Primary school bad.

"Tearing apart Freespace 2 copies with their teeth" ...Ok. While I certainly see the faults of FS2 storywise. It doesn't deserve that kind of hatred.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:41:49 am by Mammothtank »

Offline Luis Dias

Dat Freespace rant.

fart. I meant fart.

While I certainly see the faults of FS2 storywise.

Could you maybe elaborate?
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Could you maybe not do this here in this thread?

I didn't elaborate since I didn't want to go off topic and start a discussion about the faults of FS2 here.