Author Topic: Cutscenes build  (Read 4058 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Several changes, many of them inspired by Slipstream. :D

Everything in previous builds, plus/including:

• Registry DWORD values "SoundSampleRate" and "SoundSampleBits" set sample rate and bits (Defaults are 22050 and 8, respectively, modern settings are 44100 and 16, respectively)
  • Sound buffers are no longer forced into software memory
  • Dynamically generated art and description text for ship selection screen (Both with and without 3D flag)
  • 2D Mission support - uses mission flag value of 16384
  • Rendering of ship while in first person perspective (3D cockpits) - uses ship flag "show ship"
  • Untested fix for crash when player takes damage as capship
  • Many, many, fixes for OGG support - should work now with mv_music.vp
  • Fix to player weapons not getting set
  • Dynamically rendered missile loadout icons; note that the loadout animation displayed in the techroom is no longer required for the weapon loadout screen.
  • set-cutscene-bars

-- milliseconds for transition (optional; if not specified, instant)

• unset-cutscene-bars

-- milliseconds for transition (optional; if not specified, instant)

• fade-out

-- milliseconds to fade out (optional; if not specified, instant)
-- color to fade out to(Implemented but not working properly, may need lowlevel function editing) (optional; if not specified, black)

• fade-in

-- milliseconds to fade in (optional; if not specified, instant)

• set-camera-position

-- x coord
-- y coord
-- z coord

• set-camera-facing

-- x coord to face
-- y coord to face
-- z coord to face
-- Total turn time (ms)
-- Time to spend accelerating (ms)

• set-camera-facing-object

-- object name
-- Total turn time (ms)

• set-camera-rotation

-- Left/right (degrees)
-- Up/down (degrees)
-- roll left/roll right (degrees)
-- Total turn time (ms)

• set-fov

-- Field of view (degrees)

• reset-fov
  • reset-camera
  • Minor fixes to nebula and warpout code
  • Better errorcatching in debug build (Maybe)
  • HUD shield icon is automatically generated for ships with shields, but no icon.
  • -pos command line flag, which displays the current camera position and orientation to assist in camera placement. (Note: you really need to come to a full and complete stop to use it, or pause the game.)
  • Phreak's -smart_shield command line option is included (Build is in sync with current CVS)
  • Clipping errors in-cockpit fix0red.
  • User-friendliness improved (Read: Errors instead of some CTDs)
  • In ships.tbl/.tbm, $Rear Velocity, $Slide accel, $Slide decel, $Expl Propagates, $Shockwave Speed, $Default Sbanks, $Shields, $Afterburner, $countermeasures, and $Show damage (Which does nothing) are now optional, assumed 0 if nothing is specified.
  • $Tech model: can be added below +Tech Description in ships.tbl. This will specify a  model for use in the weapons selection screen and eventually the techroom when the command line option is specified or no ANI is available
  • Improvements to non-standard resolutions; better weapons selection screen, targeting box is no longer off-center.
  • -clipdist command line added; sets close distance where polygons are automatically clipped. Increase for better quality in the distance, but missing polygons up close (default is 1.0)
  • Weapons will show text if no ANI or model is present for selection screen selection. Looks pretty damn ugly, but it's better than a crash.
  • Screenshots now save the last picture number in the registry, so screenshots won't be overwritten if FS2 is restarted.[/b]

• set-time-compression

-- Time multiplier
    -- Time to take in speeding up/slowing down time

• reset-time-compression
    • show-subtitle

-- x coord (negative value means from the right side of screen)
    -- y coord (negative value means from the left side of screen)
    -- text (Will be made multi-line if necessary)
    -- time it will be displayed in ms (Not including fadein/fadeout)
    (optional)
    -- image name
    -- fade in time in ms (if not specified, instant)
    -- center on x axis of screen (x coord specifies distance from center)
    -- center on y axis of screen (y coord specifies distance from center)
    -- width of text in pixels (default is 200)
    -- text red value
    -- text green value
    -- text blue value

• In-game cockpits should work properly in OpenGL now (Thanks taylor. :) )
    • Even better hi-res support. Graphical glitches shouldn't really be evident. :D
    • Fix0r3d Nico's Perseus
    • A secret feature. It's not too far from home. :)[/color]
      • Fixed targeting brackets in OpenGL
      • Removed trails limit[/color]
      Unresolved issues:
      • Some people have reported crashes with regard to warping out
      • FS2 seems to freeze up randomly on certain missions
      Notes:
      I made a lot of changes to the time compression stuffs for FS2. When the set-time SEXP is called, time compression is "locked".The player can't change the time compression themself. Until the reset-time-compression SEXP is called (which instantly resets time compression to 1x and unlocks time compression) all cutscene SEXPs will not be affected by time compression.
      There's also the possibility for multiple cameras, although I didn't implement that at the SEXP level.

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/C20050218.zip

Added to the website.//redmenace
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 07:12:04 pm by 887 »
-C

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Which is which/ the FS_open_ex? Or the one with the date?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

i am happy to report that this build isn't screwing up royally like the last build i tested (see Taylor's 20050208 build thread).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 10:41:38 pm by 1644 »

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Eh? Just locked up in the tech room for me (the ex build, in windowed mode) (locked up, then crashed... with that nifty windows 'report to microsoft' label.  and yes, I'm tempted to report every crash to M$ :p)

Err.... supposed to be after greg's post.

Offline WMCoolmon

Originally posted by Raa
Eh? Just locked up in the tech room for me (the ex build, in windowed mode) (locked up, then crashed... with that nifty windows 'report to microsoft' label.  and yes, I'm tempted to report every crash to M$ :p)

Err.... supposed to be after greg's post.

Debug build/ship or item you were trying to select? :p (I made a change that seems to have stopped Nico's Perseus from crashing on my comp, forgot to mention that above)
-C

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by WMCoolmon

Debug build/ship or item you were trying to select? :p (I made a change that seems to have stopped Nico's Perseus from crashing on my comp, forgot to mention that above)

Err. I'll do a debug, but I never got as far as looking at a ship, I clicked the techroom, it went black, and then crashed.

Update:  Tried debug, same thing. Crash, no explanation. Also, it seems that my pilots aren't getting converted to FSO form, since every single time I try to select a pilot, I get the warning message that Lt. Poop (one of the many names I made for some odd reason) would be converted and would be incompatable with FS22 retail.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 10:46:33 pm by 273 »

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
timewarps suck.

Offline WMCoolmon

Originally posted by Raa

Err. I'll do a debug, but I never got as far as looking at a ship, I clicked the techroom, it went black, and then crashed.

Update:  Tried debug, same thing. Crash, no explanation. Also, it seems that my pilots aren't getting converted to FSO form, since every single time I try to select a pilot, I get the warning message that Lt. Poop (one of the many names I made for some odd reason) would be converted and would be incompatable with FS22 retail.

I don't have either problem...the repeat message sounds like an error with 3.6.5 and a few builds after that, are you sure you're using the right build? ;)

Other than that, what command lines/mod/video settings are you using? I've tried to reproduce this with no success...all the tech room code should be the same as the last build that I posted,too.

Edit: Yeah...Gamespy must have a set-time-compression SEXP of their own. :p
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 10:59:53 pm by 374 »
-C

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Or set-time-synchronization. :p

Offline WMCoolmon

Indeed. ;)

Build update: While watching BSG and Stargate, I had some extra brainpower to spare and spent it on removing the trails limit. :D
-C

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by WMCoolmon

I don't have either problem...the repeat message sounds like an error with 3.6.5 and a few builds after that, are you sure you're using the right build? ;)

Other than that, what command lines/mod/video settings are you using? I've tried to reproduce this with no success...all the tech room code should be the same as the last build that I posted,too.

I'm sure.

command lines are:

C:\Games\FreeSpace2\fs2_open_ex_d.exe -spec -glow -jpgtga -3dwarp -mpnoreturn -env -alpha_env -fps -window  -allslev -ambient_factor .75