Author Topic: 2007-09-22 stable branch  (Read 10324 times)

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
Re: 2007-09-22 stable branch
I'm still getting an issue with this one like the last one; it won't display thruster glows properly. Trails work fine though. Most of the glows are invisible however. That is the only issue i've encountered.

EDIT:
Error on my part. Apologies, Goob.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:21:46 pm by Tempest »
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
OK, I just got myself an XBOX 360 controller from Wal-Mart ($40, normal 360 controller by M$).  It works great... except for the throttle.  I can configure an Absolute throttle axis (Joystick Z), and it works for holding the button down to accelerate... but how would I make the throttle "stick", ie, I use the Z axis to place the throttle indicator where I want it, and it does not move until I press Z+ or Z- again.  The current method is nice for some uses, but I should be able to configure it to do what I said, IMO... and Relative throttle axis doesn't work at all... maybe that's for a different type of axis or something.  This might not be the correct place for this, but IDK where to put it, as I'm using this build ATM (works nice, BTW! ;) ).

PS Oh, and I also got a Logitech Cordless Desktop LX710 Laser combo... ;7 cya in multi.  :drevil:

PPS Oh, and I also forgot to mention that the Force Feedback doesn't work?  :confused:  This controller has the rumbler inside; it should be able to make use of it... I have both "Enable Force Feedback" and "Enable Directional Hit (Force Feedback)" enabled in the Launcher (v5.5c).  Joystick is listed as "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)"

Thanks you.
However, i need Text to speak build.
can upload that ?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
PPS Oh, and I also forgot to mention that the Force Feedback doesn't work?  :confused:  This controller has the rumbler inside; it should be able to make use of it... I have both "Enable Force Feedback" and "Enable Directional Hit (Force Feedback)" enabled in the Launcher (v5.5c).  Joystick is listed as "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)"

You have to use an alternative driver for the FF to work in older games.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Does it include normal map support ? The Xt version I got from the Celebration topic is buggy. I can't pilot my ship nor move it forward.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Did you create a new pilot file?  Prolly it got corrupted by incompatibilities, IDK... :shaking:

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Does it include normal map support ? The Xt version I got from the Celebration topic is buggy. I can't pilot my ship nor move it forward.
Only my Xt builds have normal map support, for now.  Those builds are definitely not something that you would call buggy though, since above all else they have been in constant testing since January.  Probably the best bug hunters in the community have been using those builds for months.

But if you have found a problem then you had better tell me now, since everything in the Xt builds is also going to end up in 3.6.10.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Well I thought it was a peripheral conflict with my both gamepad. But, after several checking, they work great when I play with old build like the 3.6.9-7 dot 9 build. However, I can move my cursor/view with the mouse/keyboard, open fire, target enemies and that's all.

I'm playing on Vista 32 bit under OGL.

Edit : Ok, the Xt builds work pretty well when I play Fs 2 but not my mod >_<. I didn't change anything related to the control.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 04:36:50 pm by MetalDestroyer »

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Edit : Ok, the Xt builds work pretty well when I play Fs 2 but not my mod >_<. I didn't change anything related to the control.
Which mod is it?  I can give it a look and see if it's actually a code problem or not.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

Topic 2007-09-22 stable branch

Old?  :confused:

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru

Topic 2007-09-22 stable branch

Old?  :confused:
The FF stuff is still the same old retail code, so yeah, it's considered old.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Ah, yes, I knew that... sorry... I should have phrased that better.
* jr2 gets down on his hands and knees and begs to the coder-gods

Now, I can definitely get an alternative driver and get this working, but shouldn't this be changed for the benefit of the general public?

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Which mod is it?  I can give it a look and see if it's actually a code problem or not.

Well, it was never released to the public and it's a star wars mod. And if I remember correctly, I gave the content to the Star Wars conversion Team.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
The old one or the new one?

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
The old one or the new one?

The one I made 2 years ago or last year. But it's nothing related to the current Star Wars Total Conversion that chief is trying to do right now. It was a personal project because I don't have any new Star Wars game for years after X Wing Alliance (I could put also the Rogue Squadron series). And it was just a conversion of existing models to POF but I had to add new texture to support some SCP features like shinemaps, normap maps (for now).

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Ok, I found out the problem. My X wing is buggy. I don't know why, it worked pretty well on old builds but not with XT. But if I choose to pilot others fighter than the X wing, I could do whatever I want. Have you any idea on what could be wrong ? bad ships.tbl ? bad race.tbl ? or bad attributes on the model itself ? (durinf the POF conversion or something else).

But if you really need the tbl, I could attach it.

[attachment deleted by ninja]