Author Topic: C08212008 - The Fifth Day  (Read 3978 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
C08212008 - The Fifth Day
Most recent version of Trunk + Last 3 C builds and also...
  • Some minor work on HUD shaking issue - this is a TrackIR-related issue
  • Fix camera rotation
  • Fix camera transition between two movements without stopping in between
  • Add deceleration time option for camera SEXPs/scripting (untested)
  • Add hv.Key variable for On Key Pressed, On Key Released variables
  • Fix subsystem.HitpointsLeft
  • Fix ship texture replacement in scripting (untested)
  • Fix warp-related issues; added $Warpin Start Sound, $Warpin End Sound, $Warpout Start Sound, $Warpout End Sound (untested for default warp type) after $Warpin Type/$Warpout Type. Does not work for Hyperspace or BTRL warp types.
  • Fix Assert in debug build when lots of ships are created at the same time.
  • Updates to internal sound API to make it more consistent (obj_snd) and to expose more functionality to other parts of the game (sound.cpp)

Narrative:
I haven't been keeping very good track of bugs I fixed, so if I said I fixed something and it would be in my "next build", then it should be in this build.

Untested things are there so that people can use them if they want, but they aren't anything critical right now. I'll get around to testing them before this hits SVN. I plan on this being my last or next-to-last build (If there is some ungodly bug I missed) before committing.

Build:
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/C08212008.zip

Scripts:
I said I would post a script that would allow you to get at keys 0-9 in FRED. Well, it's actually here.
-C

Offline Topgun

Re: C08212008 - The Fifth Day
is this in trunk? or should I say, is trunk part of this? as in, it's not experimental?

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Awesome. Set-camera-rotation and set-camera-facing turns both work nicely so far. Although I'm seeing a really peculiar visual effect in long turns, happening with both sexps - looks like some kind of FOV change is happening. Is that intentional?

The new deceleration time argument doesn't look like it's working, but I haven't tested it extensively.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
is this in trunk? or should I say, is trunk part of this? as in, it's not experimental?

Trunk is a part of this, as stated at top.

Awesome. Set-camera-rotation and set-camera-facing turns both work nicely so far. Although I'm seeing a really peculiar visual effect in long turns, happening with both sexps - looks like some kind of FOV change is happening. Is that intentional?

The new deceleration time argument doesn't look like it's working, but I haven't tested it extensively.

There's a fisheye effect that seems to occur but I'm not sure why, unless something in the orientation matrix is being used to control the FOV in some fashion. I noticed it during testing but didn't think much of it. I can't think of anything off the bat that would be different about using a camera than using a ship in a 3D view sense, so I'll have to think about this one.

Deceleration time, bleh, guess it was too much to hope for getting by without testing that. :p I'll fix that as soon as I can.
-C