Author Topic: HLPCoin Beta Test Build  (Read 4064 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
HLPCoin Beta Test Build
See the announcement here for more details of what this is about. Technical details only on this thread.

This is the first build showcasing the new HLPCoin system. It's mainly to test the backend, we'll be posting builds that test the new GUI later but we figured while that is being coded, there's no reason you couldn't start mining coins already. Mining is for the most part silent, so until the new GUI is in place, you can check how many coins you've mined in the mainhall.

Builds are available here. No patches for now since we'd like to bulletproof this a little more against exploits.

So run the build. Play FS2_Open or Diaspora or whatever. And at the same time earn yourselves some of the hottest new currency on the net.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:31:30 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Re: HLPCoin Beta Test Build
I love this community... even with its flaws, it's just awesome. An in game "store" sounds like great idea for a few mods too. Can you make this a legit feature in the future? E|:-)~

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Hey!  No patch means OSX & Linux users are left out! Stop discriminating on the basis of OS choice! :hopping:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

It's a April First joke.. So there is no need to discriminate on OS basis.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Hey!  No patch means OSX & Linux users are left out! Stop discriminating on the basis of OS choice! :hopping:

You could look at it that way. Or you could look at it as us letting the Windows users have all the early issues and OSX and Linux get the later betas once the major kinks are ironed out. :D

Offline An4ximandros

holy **** it works I thought it was a fake exe...

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I wonder if it has anything beside the g button. I haven't noticed anything yet.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline An4ximandros

There is...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Let me edit that, we changed the G key to a message in the mainhall and a popup in the last build.

Offline Zarax

I seriously wish this wasn't an April's fools.
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽

You could look at it that way. Or you could look at it as us letting the Windows users have all the early issues and OSX and Linux get the later betas once the major kinks are ironed out. :D
you most make an update
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Xenon

• Did somebody order a fruit soup?
  • Administrator
I now see why Icefire told me to make sure I visited HLP today. Nice one guys!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Damn! Looks like we've disturbed the great old ones! :D

What have you been up to for the last....ummmm....decade!

Offline Xenon

• Did somebody order a fruit soup?
  • Administrator
I'll post later and catch you guys up. Have to get back to work now.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
(<Complete bitcoin newbie)

2.2, YEY! I'll be rich! :pimp:

(...this is awesome, btw :lol:)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:53:36 pm by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Now that some of you have mined some HLPCoins, we're ready to unveil the new HLPCoin Marketplace.  This builds upon m!m's work with Chromium to directly integrate FSO builds with the HLP website.

Download
(please note that you will need to extract the entire contents of the .7z into your FreeSpace2 folder; these DLLs supercede the ones in m!m's thread and should replace any that you already have)

In these builds, the G key will no longer present a popup giving you your HLPCoin total.  It will now take you to the online HLPCoin Marketplace where you can exchange your hard-won HLPCoins for perks, rewards, and privileges!

(It's recommended to run the build in windowed mode when accessing the HLP store, as the site uses Javascript.)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I now see why Icefire told me to make sure I visited HLP today. Nice one guys!

:eek2:

'Tis the season to come out of the woodwork! Dude... make sure to drop by the private admin forum. You should still have your access...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill