Author Topic: Problem with BWO Demo  (Read 1559 times)

A while ago I downloaded the full SCP installer (this was before the Knossos thing) and I chose to install all of the campaigns, but some of them didn't finish downloading (one of which was BWO Demo). When I tried to run it I got a lot of errors, so I figured I would just download it again, and I did and deleted the old one, although I kept the mod.ini file since it said you needed to create one for the new demo download so I just kept the one from the installer download. However when I try to run it now it crashes.

I ran a debug build and here is the log:

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Tested it- apparently somebody removed the translation marks in a way the game doesn't like. I'm not getting any crashes from that though. Double HUD issues with recent MVPs.

Your log file says:

Searching root 'C:\Games\fs2\mediavps\' ... 0 files

Since there's no other MVP folder it is apparently not correctly configured (ie the problem is that there're no MVPs).

BTW you should report campaign bugs on their respective board (even when they're archived) as not every dev necessary views the general FSO support board. :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 11:43:38 pm by Nightmare »

Is it a problem with the mod.ini?  It says to use mediavps in it:

Code: [Select]
[launcher]
image255x112 = BWO_demo.bmp;
infotext     = You are Lieutenant Commander Mallroy of the White Lightning squadron.  You and your squadron are participating in a officer exchange program flying for Vasudan Command.  Unfortunately, the exchange places you and your squadron in the firing line of a new insurgency against the GTVA.;
website      = http://ce.hard-light.net/bwo/index.php;

[multimod]
secondarylist = mediavps;
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

There are no MVP files such as MV_Assets.vp or MV_Effects.vp listed in the log file. Are you sure your MVPs are in a folder called "mediavps"?

There are two folders labeled mediavps_2612 and MediaVPs_2014

Then try MediaVPs_2014.

Should be
Code: [Select]
secondarylist = MediaVPs_2014;

Okay, I'm still getting some errors but it seems playable now.

Here is the log again:

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Do you keep getting errors on regular builts as well? As for the quotation marks, I've reported the issue on the BWO board.