Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576192 times)

Offline -Sara-

Also if you've noticed the cobblestone patch by your sky island portal, that was me having to mine through. :( A ghast was chasing me and my only escape was up the ladder and through the stone. Some of the ladder got destroyed too.

NP, try and patch it when you're on, or I will if you can't. :)
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
His house wans't TNT'd. The empire took it over.

The house built with crafting benches was TNT'ed, by corpsepuppet or one of trashman's citizens or someone else a week later. It looked like a small pyramid.

Oh, that one? That wasn't a house, more like a workshop.
But that one was fugly and people wanted to tear it down for ages.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline -Sara-

And they did, with a vengeance. :P

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Pece's server is down, else I'd be working on my farm :(

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
are we up? hell, I don't even know anymore.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Pece's server is down, else I'd be working on my farm :(
rebootin the server and checking the router right now. send me a pm as well, as i'm more likely to notice a pm than anything else :p

running cmd -> ipconfig /flushdns  might be neccesary. basically, my router didnt update the dyndns properly...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:04:31 pm by pecenipicek »
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline -Sara-

are we up? hell, I don't even know anymore.

It still worked well 2 days ago. :) I assume it's up, let me check. RHX came to quickly look and was pleased you kept things running so well while he was doing other things. :)

edit: yep, server's running and purring like a kitten.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:07:57 am by -Sara- »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hrm...getting code 503 when attempting to join the server :(
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
The server is up and running perfectly, the problem is the minecraft authentication servers, it's an issue with mojang.
And seeing how they're all at PAX dining and being merry, oh dear.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
The server is up and running perfectly, the problem is the minecraft authentication servers, it's an issue with mojang.
And seeing how they're all at PAX dining and being merry, oh dear.
* pecenipicek grins like a maniac
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The server and authentication work fine, I just logged in on the 1st try. What are you going on about qaz?
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
They were down earlier, mollstam has since sorted it.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR

Have you been digging up all the clay on the map? O_o

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
She's digging up the world. :P

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
The tunnel D:

Offline -Sara-

Have you been digging up all the clay on the map? O_o

Last clay deposit I dug up was close to 150 blocks of clay... they can spawn in huge numbers. It's like an iceberg, only 10% sticks above the water, if you dive and light up the place or remove the water, you'll see sometimes half the lake bottom is made of clay. ^___^ So plenty of clay left!

She's digging up the world. :P

And blowing up the world! With TNT, lots of TNT... where no-one lives so I don't visually polute their landscape. :P I must be the long lost lovechild of Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters. xD

The tunnel hiding place of WMD's D:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:37:50 am by -Sara- »

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Decided to move further north, start on a new place:

There are some excellent mines nearby. Managed to gather ~128 iron blocks in about 20-30 minutes, and there were two dungeons. The place is only accessible by boat, or on foot. I had to do some "ice breaking" to get boat access (sorry for the narrow routes, in advance). The route through the water is marked with torches. To get to the route, you have to go to the "Northlands", and go to the dock under my outpost there.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:53:04 pm by Swantz »
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
FYI, I kinda stopped visiting the server due to my lag issues... I haven't tried throughout the night like I used to do, though. That lag really takes out any drive I have every time I log in. I'll get all rearing to go about finishing this or that, log on, and find that only the initial chunk loads and that I get that timeout error after a few minutes. Really frustrating.

In any case, I really want to come back - I just am unable to these days for some reason. :( Perhaps I'll try later tonight.

In the meantime, I made a couple of MC videos and put them on YouTube. One's a full tutorial on what I termed the Spawning Pad Integrated Lighting System (SPILS for short). The other is an overview on how to modify Etho's Simple Piston Elevator to add a floor selection mechanism. Lemme know what you think in the comments, like, subscribe... :nervous: *runs*
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline -Sara-

If RHX for whatever reason has to close the server somday (let's hope not soon!), I may consider renting a high-speed server to accomodate people from parts of the world who ordinarily are more lag-sensitive. Alternately if I get my optifibre (seems to be soon! 50mbit up and down) I may host it on an old PC (that's still a quadcore with 12GB) myself. I'm afraid though that in the current setting, people not somewhat centralized in Europe or with a fast connection from the USA will suffer lag on most MC servers which don't cost 500-1000 dollar/euro/diamonds/notches a year. :( It's the current state of online hosting services.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken