Author Topic: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)  (Read 115588 times)

Offline wesp5

Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
If they're not necessary for Raider Wars, they're probably not there yet because of that.

I'm pretty sure they should be needed in Raider Wars too, because they include the usual Star Fury pilot videos that are played all over in missions whenever your wingmen say something.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
Headanis are in the hud folder and from a quick look, the only two pilot anis used are Head_Pilot_EA_1 and Head_Pilot_EA_2, both of which are included.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline wesp5

Headanis are in the hud folder and from a quick look, the only two pilot anis used are Head_Pilot_EA_1 and Head_Pilot_EA_2, both of which are included.

Okay, then I will either need to extract the missing ones for the SFP missions from TBP 3.4b or see if they have just been renamed like the backgrounds...

The Facebook Babylon room is heating up with excitement for this game.  There is over 33,000 members and hundreds have expressed interest in playing it.  Keep up the good work guys.

Offline wesp5

I found the renamed mini movies and updated the Star Fury Pilot and First Ones missions to use the new names :).
I also found one little name typo, karajorma or PIe, can you please fix this in the TPB 3.5 core data/hud subfolder?

"Head_Cap_Draz_2.ani" should be renamed to "Head_Cap_Drazi_2.ani"

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
I pushed the HTL Venom, the nameplates for the HTL Omega and moved the problematic 2D shockwaves into the SVN's Temp_Folder so the appropriate 3D shockwaves will always be used whether or not the flag is on.  However, the texture replacement for the Hermes causes its nameplate to be duplicated, so that needs to be fixed.
"Head_Cap_Draz_2.ani" should be renamed to "Head_Cap_Drazi_2.ani"
Done.
Finally, thanks to m!m, hyperspace now works on the most recently nightly.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:49:07 pm by PIe »
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq

[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship

Offline wesp5

Done.
Finally, thanks to m!m, hyperspace now works on the most recently nightly.

Cool! Although hyperspace works fine with the version included in the current TBP 3.5. BTW, when will this be updated, or how can I see if it has been updated?

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
I added the Achen Schooling Flight training campaign and fixed an issue with a missing impact explosion effect.
I also replaced the DDS Neb_Back_Black file so that hyperspace now looks as it should.  If anyone can figure out how to convert the PCX into a better format, please post the result.

Offline wesp5

I'm through for the time with Mag's Starfury Pilot Missions and the two First Ones campaigns, everything works fine under TBP 3.5 now :)! So if someone could point me to a source for Investation, I could take a look at that too. I already know the kind of mistakes Mag made often ;). Also will all of them be included in the final TBP 3.5 or will they be needed to download seperately?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:59:34 pm by wesp5 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The first release won't include anything beyond Raider Wars (and Achen Flight School)  in order to keep things simple. Then we'll start adding more releases. Once everything is upgraded you should be able to download everything without the need for mods.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:56:56 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline wesp5

The first release won't include anything beyond Raider Wars (and Achen Flight School)  in order to keep things simple. Then we'll start adding more releases. Once everything is upgraded you should be able to download everything without the need for mods.

Cool! I might update my patch for the first release though to have others find what I might have overlooked. Will Knossos be aware when TBP is updated and inform me about it? Any news about the Infestation campaign? Can you upload it somewhere for me to fix?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I can do it but I'm rather lacking in time until later this week. PIe also has upload access so if he wants to update and sort out the issues that might cause with SVN, he's welcome to do it.

Knossos will tell you if there is an update.

Offline wesp5

PIe also has upload access so if he wants to update and sort out the issues that might cause with SVN, he's welcome to do it.

I still don't have SVN access, but to fix Infestation somebody would only need to upload the original installer somewhere for me.

Does this have what you are looking for. It contains Infestation

Included Campaigns and Mission Sets:

B5 Star Fury Pilot Missions (by madaboutgames)
Earth Alliance Training (by madaboutgames)
Infestation (by madaboutgames)
Survivor (by madaboutgames)
Tale of the EAS Janus (by Lady Rose)
Drums of War - Part 1 (by 0rph3u5)
Drums of War - Part 2 (by 0rph3u5)
The Black Hand - Episode 1 (by 0rph3u5)

http://www.freespacemods.net/download_82.html

Offline wesp5

Does this have what you are looking for. It contains Infestation

Yeah, many thanks! I'll take a look at all of Mag's missions, ok?

Offline wesp5

Okay, I have started to fix Mag's Io Training Missions. After that I will take a look at Infestation and Survivor. I'm just telling this here so no two people will do the same work twice ;)!

Is your work in the format used currently in Knossos?

Offline wesp5

Is your work in the format used currently in Knossos?

Yes and no. I have already fixed Mag's Star Fury Pilot missions and the two First Ones mini campaigns so they work flawlessly under Knossos :)!
With the others I have just started and will first remove the bugs under the old TBP and then convert them to Knossos as this is easier for me...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You really should get SVN access sorted out so that you can get those missions into SVN. Otherwise, it just increases the chances that someone will make a mistake and release the old versions. What exactly is your problem with SVN anyway?

Offline wesp5

What exactly is your problem with SVN anyway?

I guess the main problem is that nobody ever gave me access ;). Don't I need a password and an exact link to the project or similar?