Author Topic: RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot  (Read 164920 times)

Re: RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot
Got a bug in After1...during the "Galileo Demise" mission...I board the transport at the tail end but it is deemed a failure and had to redo it. Tried the 2nd run but no cigar. I will send a debug:

https://fsnebula.org/log/5e8489e5cb0d3321b0c98634

This is the 1.1.0 update btw. A few others got this and had to die 5 times to get to the next part of the story

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Try changing your Aftermath version to 1.0.0 and running the mission then.

Unless Herkie changed the campaign file name between 1.0.0 and 1.1.0, if so - ugh, more complicated.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Try changing your Aftermath version to 1.0.0 and running the mission then.

Unless Herkie changed the campaign file name between 1.0.0 and 1.1.0, if so - ugh, more complicated.

I did the 5 death skip during the mission. I will take a look at 1.0.0 later

Almost forgot: check my most recent post in the After2 release. I found a gamekiller and tried a few things during that mission. No cigar

Offline CT27

Herkie sent me this message on FB to post here...hopefully it helps some with "Reboot" file issues like he said:

"Extract the FC2 file or campaign file from the mission VP to the mission folder and edit it."

I guess use an older one.

NOTE:  I'm not a tech guy so if this doesn't work I can't really help unfortunately.  I was just told to post it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:06:25 pm by CT27 »

Offline CT27

Another message from Herkie (this is about a problem I had with the "With Their Pants Down" mission where it doesn't record the number of kills you get right):

"HLP must have deprecated the Num_kilks SEXP. If so, then this is serious problem. There are several missions there that use this SEXP."

I was able to fix the issue by playing with the previous version of Reboot.

Offline CT27

Like others have said, I also had a problem with "Galileo's Demise" where I couldn't progress.  Changing back to the previous version of "Reboot" fixed this and I was able to progress.

Does it work for anyone on the current "Reboot" version?

Haven't tested it, but did you fix the campaignfile? Because this was most likely the issue; no need to revert all other changes.

Offline CT27

I don't know how to do that, it would be up to Herkie.

(I tried putting in the previous version's campaign file but that didn't fix the problem I was having with "With Their Pants Down" so I'm not sure it would fix the issue with "Galileo's Demise".)

Offline Kher

Like others have said, I also had a problem with "Galileo's Demise" where I couldn't progress.  Changing back to the previous version of "Reboot" fixed this and I was able to progress.

Does it work for anyone on the current "Reboot" version?

nop, i just give a try now, still block, say the mission was failure with 1.1.0, and i don't have the option to come back with previous version

If you die 5 times in a row you should be able to proceed to the next mission.

Offline Kher

If you die 5 times in a row you should be able to proceed to the next mission.

yes i know but ... you know ... it's kinda disapointing :p

Well, broken is broken and unless you're willing to extract the campaignfile and fix it yourself it's probably the quickest way to advance. :D

Offline Kher

lol yes, i will wait, i have no experience in coding so ...

Offline CT27

lol yes, i will wait, i have no experience in coding so ...

Regretfully, I'd advise you to do the five death skip thing.  Sometimes it seems like Herkie wants to give an update another try and sometimes it seems like he wants to walk away from it all.  I can't say when, or if, there will be an update.

Well if Herkie doesn't want right now, you should give him a while. Perhabs he'll return after a couple months; from what I've seen many modders that manage to release something (well, I'm not one of them) often take a break from modding.

Fixing the campaign file isn't that hard though, unless nobody has Knossos access besides Herkie.

Offline CT27

I'm not trying to make demands of Herkie, he can take as long a break as he wants.

I'm just telling Kher that it would probably be better for him to do the five death skip thing since Herkie doesn't have a predictable schedule and it could be months or longer before a fix happens.

Again, I'm not great with fixing or editing stuff so said fix I can't really do right now.

I'll take a look at it later today, fixing the campaign file shouldn't be hard.

Offline Kher

I'm not trying to make demands of Herkie, he can take as long a break as he wants.

I'm just telling Kher that it would probably be better for him to do the five death skip thing since Herkie doesn't have a predictable schedule and it could be months or longer before a fix happens.

Again, I'm not great with fixing or editing stuff so said fix I can't really do right now.

no problem, since i don't know how to fix or make code, i don't blame you at all, like this campaign so i can wait :)

Anyway, thanks for your work all :)

OK, here it is. Note: it appears like Herkie wanted to make the missions around Act 3-d and Act 6-e SOC loops... I didn't do that, but it should work now though.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline Kher

you talk about theses 2 missions who fail even if we do everything good ?

how does it work ? jst have to copy this file into aftermath folder ?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 01:17:53 am by Kher »