FreeSpace Releases > Asset Releases

RELEASE - The Lost 2_ HUD: Rebuilt! - Updated February 3 2018

<< < (10/11) > >>

Axem:
Yeah, one side of it is mods need to make their own HUD gauges for special instances and I have no control over how they do that.

The other side of it is that HUD gauges are accumulative/additive, so unless you override the exact HUD gauges file the mod is using, you're doing to end up with duplicate gauges. All of this makes it hard for me to make a single HUD mod that works for everyone in any instance. Worse yet is when we dive into new fonts and how other mods use them differently (like the BP issue).

The issues are probably not hard to fix, they just take time to look into and testing. If either of you want to look into it and let me know what changes that need to be made, that's be super duper. I mostly do modding on the weekends (and if Spoon give me a break), so you'd need to wait in line as it were. :p

FrizzySpizzXTREEM:
So it looks like the FS1 style HUD doesn't scale for me anymore. The message script as well as both the FS2 and BP versions still work beautifully. Any idea what could be wrong?

This mod's practically essential for playing at 1440p and I'm finding it pretty difficult to play without it.

SL1:

--- Quote from: FrikgFeek on February 14, 2018, 08:55:03 am ---As for "removing" gauges you can totally do it in tbms either by setting their coordinates way offscreen or using a completely transparent 1x1 .png image. The first "+lead indicator" table entry will overwrite the retail gauge so you can just set that up to use an empty png to disable it(because AFAIK you can't actually change its position).

--- End quote ---

I somehow missed it before, but I wanted to say thanks for this. Having the old lead indicator still be there was getting a little annoying, especially when trying to snipe turrets from a distance, and this method of removing it worked for everything (except Wings of Dawn, for some reason).

Drogean:

--- Quote from: FrizzySpizzXTREEM on September 01, 2018, 05:18:50 am ---So it looks like the FS1 style HUD doesn't scale for me anymore. The message script as well as both the FS2 and BP versions still work beautifully. Any idea what could be wrong?

This mod's practically essential for playing at 1440p and I'm finding it pretty difficult to play without it.

--- End quote ---

A little late to the game but I'm playing this now during quarantine in 2020 so just trying to improve the FSO experience
For anyone visiting in 2020 and is looking for a 4k compatible HUD that's working, I've gone ahead and fixed these HUDS for the newest FreeSpace Open/MVPS builds
They also include new fonts for use with the new font-engine so everything looks crisp on the mission briefings

Compatible with FreeSpace Open MVPS Graphics pack and Freespace 1 Port, but can probably be adapter for other mods
I use Knossis and just dropped the original file and these into my MVPS folder

6/15 Update: fixed all links to be public

4k HUD and Text Fix for FreeSpace 2
Description
Creates a HD 4k scaled HUD for the game using the new font system and converts all hard-coded ingame text font into a scalable true-type font - creating crisp text on mission briefings and ingame.

Compatibility:
Designed for 4k, most likely compatible with 1080p and above

Instructions:

This guide assumes you installed using Knossos

1. First download Axem's Freespace 2 HUD from the OP HERE ( MIRROR )
and unzip to your FreeSpaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-4.2.3 or equivalent MVPS folder

2. Then download my fixed files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WXzANU2j6zxtTvwRhd6ZFUvORPOfIqIh/view?usp=sharing  and unzip to your FreeSpaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-4.2.3\ folder (or MVPS equivalent folder based on your version)

Credits: Axem's script and Dagger's graphics

HD HUD and Text for FS1 Port for FreeSpace 2
Description
Designed for FreeSpace 1 port on Freespace 2 Engine. Creates a HD 4k scaled HUD for the game using the new font system and converts all hard-coded ingame text font into a scalable true-type font - creating crisp text on mission briefings and ingame.

Changelog:
6/14: Found bug with backlog font size in script affecting training text, adjusted size to mitigate

1. First download Axem's Freespace 2 HUD from the OP HERE and unzip to your FreeSpaceOpen\FS2\fsport-mediavps-3.7.2\ or equivalent FS1 Port + MVPS folder

2. Then download my fixed files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JkuLy77-T81RhDjTFABNmxO3C_xpntUi/view?usp=sharing and unzip to your FreeSpaceOpen\FS2\fsport-mediavps-3.7.2\ folder (or FS1 Port + MVPS equivalent folder based on your version)

Credits: Axem's script and Dagger's graphics

kraetos:
This is great, thank you! Could this mod be added to Knossos? That would make it a lot easier to find!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version