Poll

Would you be interested in an INF:A standalone mod?

Yes if there's new content as well
30 (76.9%)
Yes if it's exactly like the currently INFA
2 (5.1%)
No, leave it as it is as FS2 and INF SCP required
7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: February 09, 2007, 03:45:11 pm

Author Topic: Alliance Standalone  (Read 25189 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Probably I'd have a more "Milanised" accent  ;) (I couldn't understand the last line: what does mean "calimma"?)

It's Napolitan I think. Something about sleeping...

FREDding multiplayer missions is different.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Any objections to adding the Sobek and Moloch to offset the EA and Jovian corvettes?

The Sobek was designed during the reconstruction period after FS1...

Offline mr.WHO

umh, you mean as additional ships just like current INF:A Shivan and Vasudan ships to counter EA and Jovian
(I vote for yes)

or

you mean to be reskinned and used as EA / Jovian ships (I vote for NO).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
As additional ships so if someone uses the 'Terran' version of the Jovian corvette in a campaign. They can use the Sobek and Moloch as well then. I won't be reskinning them.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I vote for yes. Unless there are limits, you may wish to add every ship you want. This will make the INFA campaigns better and will reduce the number of mods added.

Your changes will affect SotGW too...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'm using an INF Build for this as I'm currently at about 145 ship entries, so there's plenty of room left.

This includes:
FS1 (Usual stuff)
FS1 ST (Loki, Zeus etc)
INF:A (All the new INF:A stuff)
INF:A Additional Fleet (Vasudan and Shivan fleet)
INF:A2 (EA, Jovian and Pluto ships)
A few extras (like the Sobek and Moloch)

Nothing from INF:A is removed, except for the nebulas as I've switched to the media vp ones for FSPort compatability, though our Sol system planets remain.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Uhm, add the Scylla as well. It's better than the Moloch in many aspects...

Have you planned INF:A 3?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Scylla makes less sense in this timeline, and gives the Shivans more corvettes than the others if I do that.

No, unless I do a prequel campaign or something at a later date.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
So is there an ETA for the standalone version?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Depends on the campaign(s)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Okay, so the fleets are like this currently, correct?

Anything I've missed?

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Any objections to adding the Sobek and Moloch to offset the EA and Jovian corvettes?

The Sobek was designed during the reconstruction period after FS1...

I partially object, mainly because in my thinking, the node has already collapsed and the Sobek was constructed on the GTVA side, not the EA side. In the Moloch's case, I'm not certain... :doubt: Other than that, I don't mind it. :)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

I partially object, mainly because in my thinking, the node has already collapsed and the Sobek was constructed on the GTVA side, not the EA side. In the Moloch's case, I'm not certain... :doubt: Other than that, I don't mind it. :)
Of course its constructed on the GTVA side, there's no way it'll show up in the INF:A campaigns :D

Anything I've missed?

That's the current table

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Damn, I missed a rapeload. XD

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Of course its constructed on the GTVA side, there's no way it'll show up in the INF:A campaigns :D

I stand corrected. I admit I was a bit blur on the topic (been drawing more than being on the computer as of late).

Terrans have so many ships =|
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Damn, I missed a rapeload. XD
Well you were going by the stuff in the original INF:A :)

If people are wondering why there's a GTF Latona as well as the Jovian one, the Terran one is for reconstruction based campaigns set outside of Sol, the Jovians use a different species entry so if I change their engine colours at a later date, it'll look odd if the Latona doesn't match the rest of the ships in a mission.

The PVI ??? is there because I haven't decided what station to include for the Vasudans.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
KARNAK!!!11111ODNEOENEONEOENNIENPOEINPEP

jfiasehfjfhoweitje[

The Cairo's description says that it was only recently that the Vasudans let go of their firm tradition to..... blah, right? So the Karnak could be a military installation, while the Cairo is just an armed civilian thing?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'd rather only include one, either the Karnak or the Cairo

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Karnak then.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
If people are wondering why there's a GTF Latona as well as the Jovian one, the Terran one is for reconstruction based campaigns set outside of Sol, the Jovians use a different species entry so if I change their engine colours at a later date, it'll look odd if the Latona doesn't match the rest of the ships in a mission.

Point taken, although I still find it odd that two sides still have the exact same ships after a node collapse (but you never know, maybe the Latona was already in development in Sol and outside, while we were flying Ursas in the final mission?).

But INFA has a lot of new models already, I wouldn't be surprised if INF's already exhausted whatever resources are available... :nervous:

(Sorry if I accidentally offended anybody with this post. :doubt:)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares