Author Topic: Rethinking Posts  (Read 15798 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:27:55 am by jr2 »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Good point.  Fixed. :p

See, there you go again, not quoting. :p You ended up at the top of a new page, so there's no context to this post. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Good point.  Fixed. :p

See, there you go again, not quoting. :p You ended up at the top of a new page, so there's no context to this post. :p

I blame gremlins!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Wait, what?  Does that mean that the contents of [url ] [/url ] tags are sanitised somehow?

Both [url]...[/url] and [url=...]...[/url] tags have basic sanitization and validation, including adding http:// to the beginning if it's missing, stripping out certain strings and chars, etc. Also, what Goob said about merely linking vs. embedding. :)

(and @ the Goober & jr2 replies)

Yeah - I get it now, thanks for the enlightenment, I missed the no-interaction vs must-click issue  :nervous:  I was just thinking that it's pretty easy to phish someone just by having fairly arbitrary linking ability.  i.e. post a meme [img] with a [url] link around it to some site that hosts drive-by malware.  Of course, regulars that do that would have the ban hammer dropping on them, and I'd hope that most people around here would be smart enough not to click on any link or image posted by one of the few spam[mers|bots] that get through. 

Anyway, you ain't going to add it and that's fine by me :D

Just one other thing - the youtube time tag is awesome  :yes:  Is it possible to add this to the wiki as well?  (so you don't need this sort of comment above the vid?)
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/...With_Vast_Seas#QuantumDelta
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Just one other thing - the youtube time tag is awesome  :yes:  Is it possible to add this to the wiki as well?  (so you don't need this sort of comment above the vid?)
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/...With_Vast_Seas#QuantumDelta

I tried a number of permutations of the Wiki code for that embed but couldn't get it to take. I'm guessing it'll have to be dealt with in the PHP side of things, but I'm completely unfamiliar with MediaWiki's PHP code, addons, etc.

Sooo, probably not. Rorry!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
the youtube embedding doesn't seem to work anymore.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ok, learning more and more about SMF every time. :) Should be all fixed now.

The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
And an option to replace the embedded videos with hotlinks.  Or just include the link a little over or under the embedded video.

If it isn't too much trouble.  I kind of have them disabled because it dramatically increases the page-load time.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
we could really use an option for smaller youtube embed sizes

Working on it. I'll provide the ability to control the size, but what do people think the default embedded video width should be? Currently it maxes out at 960px now at 640px.

EDIT: Ok, initial sizes are set and ready to go:

Code: [Select]
[yt size=small|medium|large|max]{VIDEO_ID}[/yt]
With the default max-width being 960px 640px, the sizes correspond to 320px, 640px, 960px, and no max-width, respectively. In other words, specifying 'medium' is the same as not specifying anything.

Small
[yt size=small]Sk4uUavsrgI[/yt]

Medium / Default
[yt size=medium]lMXJlUIQP94[/yt]
[yt]Xz5z1hBxejg[/yt]

Large
[yt size=large]Xz5z1hBxejg[/yt]

Max
[yt size=max]MCsiuqg06BA[/yt]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:14:27 pm by Sandwich »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
And now for something completely different, yet strikingly clever and awesome.
http://codepen.io/TimPietrusky/pen/eHGfj

You want to be able to have star-wars-style crawling posts? :P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:50:05 am by X3N0-Life-Form »