Author Topic: SH Gargant?  (Read 138617 times)

Hmmm... Decided that I need to use my literalic talent to full extent by writing a (what other could it be) Sci-Fi book. It contains a 275 km long Flagship, not counting extremely ridiculous numbers to allow my universe to win a vs. Star Trek and even a vs. Star Wars battle by including stats literally a thousand times higher then their own (including 600 Billion Zettawatta/second power output, possibly rivaling the output of Beta Centauri, six humongeous anti-capship guns able to obliterate planets in one shot and - the crème de la crème of overpowerization - two forward fixed anti-sadron torpedo swarm launchers, with a 800 yottatons payload each, able to obliterate entire system by destroying their sun).

It's literary talent, not literalic. And how do these things work?

I decided to replace to swarm to torpedo launcher with a swarm matter collapsing torpedos, creating ultra-strong black holes sucking in a entire galaxy in a matter of second (Which the ubership is naturally able to withstand, thanks to it's drives which can provide 400'000'000'000'000'000'000 g accelleration)
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
The story/universe is original, and most of the stuff in it. Though certain parts can be considered similar due to it being realistic, their origin, idea, use and look is unique. Sorry, won't PM details, because I keep it very secret. The story/universe was being developed by me for a long time, and is very precious to me. I just don't want to share info about it until I finish it.  ;)

Hmmm... Decided that I need to use my literalic talent to full extent by writing a (what other could it be) Sci-Fi book. It contains a 275 km long Flagship, not counting extremely ridiculous numbers to allow my universe to win a vs. Star Trek and even a vs. Star Wars battle by including stats literally a thousand times higher then their own (including 600 Billion Zettawatta/second power output, possibly rivaling the output of Beta Centauri, six humongeous anti-capship guns able to obliterate planets in one shot and - the crème de la crème of overpowerization - two forward fixed anti-sadron torpedo swarm launchers, with a 800 yottatons payload each, able to obliterate entire system by destroying their sun).

It's literary talent, not literalic. And how do these things work?

I decided to replace to swarm to torpedo launcher with a swarm matter collapsing torpedos, creating ultra-strong black holes sucking in a entire galaxy in a matter of second (Which the ubership is naturally able to withstand, thanks to it's drives which can provide 400'000'000'000'000'000'000 g accelleration)

All of this stuff just sounds like pointless, plotless wank to me.

There are plenty of scifi universes which are way more powerful than the stuff you're describing yet they actually make sense in context and aren't just wank
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

I was j/king.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
But still a theory, nothing more.
To be fair, the 'Hive' designation is only GTVA, not Shivan. Woo said there are more than one 1 Gargant.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
In any case designating a ship "Hive" isn't going to change a lot. Calling it Shivan Mega Juggernaut would have been the same and, as I said, the Hive Mind theory is canon.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I'd call it a mothership... Ok, whatever. It's Inferno, and for Inferno it's good.

But Ok now, seriously, more than 1 Gargant ?! This is getting ridiculous. 1 Gargant is enough.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'd call it a mothership... Ok, whatever. It's Inferno, and for Inferno it's good.

But Ok now, seriously, more than 1 Gargant ?! This is getting ridiculous. 1 Gargant is enough.
Woomeister said a while ago he'd make a super big Shivan installation like the Hara but 500 times bigger. But he admitted that he'd never get a good design...

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
x_x *dead*

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Nah, I'm pretty much alive.

But seriously, that's a bit too big. Though I read somewhere on HLP that Volition themselves said to "think bigger".

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started

How can you claim that? Do you know the limits of the Shivan fleet?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
No. But even by Shivan standarts it sounds ridiculous. Besides, we survived 2 Shivan incursions already. How could we survive another one when there are multiple Gargants fooling around ?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
1) Are we supposed to survive?

2) Are those ships supposed to penetrate in GTVA space? What if they're trapped outside with Meson bombs?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No. But even by Shivan standarts it sounds ridiculous. Besides, we survived 2 Shivan incursions already. How could we survive another one when there are multiple Gargants fooling around ?
Using plot shields, of course.

1) Are we supposed to survive?
I hope so... :nervous:

2) Are those ships supposed to penetrate in GTVA space? What if they're trapped outside with Meson bombs?
Woo said they wouldn't end Inferno by blocking off jump nodes, though there would be some node collapsing. Sid said that we're all assuming that the Gargy is used in an offensive role... It could be purely a defensive measure.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
We can see many Gargants and trap most of them outside GTVA space. There will be only one Gargant pissing Terrans and Vasudans off.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
We can see many Gargants and trap most of them outside GTVA space. There will be only one Gargant pissing Terrans and Vasudans off.
Says who? There could be 3 Gargants in GTVA space, but doing nothing... Ominously planning something else. ;7

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
No, everyone would commit suicide ---> end of campaign.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, everyone would commit suicide ---> end of campaign.
I would have committed suicide at the 80 saths mark.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
But someone arrived and told you that they were moving around the Capella sun. Ah, Fate... :P
The Lightblue Ribbon